Author Topic: House Democrats Are Lining Up Behind What Could Be The Largest Expansion Of Government In Decades  (Read 1141 times)

rangerrebew

House Democrats Are Lining Up Behind What Could Be The Largest Expansion Of Government In Decades
10:02 AM 12/25/2018 | Energy
Michael Bastasch | Energy Editor

Democrats are lining up to support Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s “Green New Deal.”
    The proposal could be the largest expansion of government since the Great Society or New Deal.
    Ocasio-Cortez’s plan could cost tens of trillions of dollars.

Democrats are increasingly lining up to support a “Green New Deal,” which, while vague on details, could end up being the largest expansion of government in decades.

As it stands, the “Green New Deal” is more aspirational than actual policy. Indeed, it takes its name from the New Deal of the 1930s, and its main backer, incoming Democratic New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, compared it to the Great Society of the 1960s.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/25/democrats-green-new-deal/

Offline Mesaclone

They can vote on passing out free unicorns and rainbows if they want...it will get them nothing.

Until there is a wall, they will be met with no votes in the Senate and...if necessary...veto's from the White House. They lack the votes to overcome any of that and so they will either accomplish nothing, or they will compromise. Everything else is just sound and fury, signifying nothing.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
"Green New Deal"

Money for nothing and your chicks for free.

They don't want alternative energy sources. What the Greenies want is control. They don't want you to fly in the planes they fly in or have an SUV like the one that squires them around.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Gridlock baby.  Best thing that can happen when the Rats control one branch.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
So the dems are embracing the idiocy of the mouth that roared? I guess she is the future of the democrat party.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline LMAO

It’s doubtful even enough Democrats will be in the House to pass this nonsense.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Bigger than 0bamacare?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
They can vote on passing out free unicorns and rainbows if they want...it will get them nothing.

Until there is a wall, they will be met with no votes in the Senate and...if necessary...veto's from the White House. They lack the votes to overcome any of that and so they will either accomplish nothing, or they will compromise. Everything else is just sound and fury, signifying nothing.

I just read that the President is willing to reduce the price tag for the wall.  What an idiot.  Shut down the government and still cave.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

It’s doubtful even enough Democrats will be in the House to pass this nonsense.

I wouldn't bet on that.  They are going to do their best to strap Americans with environmental tax.  Also increase welfare.  All the while allowing thousands of illegal immigrant to flow in every month.

And as far as I can see we can't even depend on Senate to stop them.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I just read that the President is willing to reduce the price tag for the wall.  What an idiot.  Shut down the government and still cave.
So much winning.  I'm sick of it. :3:

Offline corbe

McConnell will stop this nonsense in his Senate.

:silly:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

So much winning.  I'm sick of it. :3:

That was three days old when I posted it.  I noticed now that the MSM is running old stories on the shut down.  With President Trump you never know what he will do from one day to another.  His word means nothing.   All you can do is rely on day to day news.

Offline Applewood

...its main backer, incoming Democratic New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, compared it to the Great Society of the 1960s.

Not a good selling point, IMHO.  We all know the Great Society, like the New Deal, were expensive duds that made things worse, not better.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Not a good selling point, IMHO.  We all know the Great Society, like the New Deal, were expensive duds that made things worse, not better.

We know the price of that new deal to this day.  They want one with a much bigger price tag.  An open border new deal.  Globalism.