Author Topic: GOP rep says Dems will impeach Trump  (Read 934 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP rep says Dems will impeach Trump
« on: December 17, 2018, 04:55:32 pm »
GOP rep says Dems will impeach Trump
12/17/2018

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) said in an interview that aired Monday on "Rising" that House Democrats will move to impeach President Trump, saying the won't “be able to help themselves” while citing pressure from the press, progressives and Democratic voters.

"The Democrats aren't going to be able to help themselves," Gatez, a member of the House Judiciary Committee, told Hill.TV's Buck Sexton on Friday. "They're going to impeach Donald Trump."

"[Rep.] Jerry Nadler [D-N.Y.] might not think that now, but like, when you see already the liberal media drumbeat for impeachment, and you see that already Nadler, and [Rep. Elijah] Cummings [D-Md.] are talking about impeachable offenses, these guys haven't even gotten into power yet, and they're already talking about impeachable offenses," he continued.

"Over time the pressure will mount. There will be a push from the [Rep.-elect Alexandria] Ocasio-Cortez [D-N.Y.] wing of the party to have impeachment," he said.

more
https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/421679-gop-rep-says-dems-will-impeach-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: GOP rep says Dems will impeach Trump
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 04:58:24 pm »
Let them. The Senate will not confirm. It will all blow up in the Dems faces.
The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 08:55:41 pm »
"The Democrats aren't going to be able to help themselves"

He is right you know.  This new House of Reprehensibles are a bunch of nutjobs and misfits and very uncontrollable.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 09:51:13 pm »
He is right you know.  This new House of Reprehensibles are a bunch of nutjobs and misfits and very uncontrollable.

Even Loony San Fran Nan won't be able to stop them with her vaunted persuasiveness.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 01:49:29 am »
Let them. The Senate will not confirm. It will all blow up in the Dems faces.

Impeach/remove is a process, not an event.

In the case of Nixon, although it did not reach a vote, evidence grew that he was invlved in problematic behavior.

I seem to recall some Republican senators approached Nion, and he resigned.

Should the House vote to impeach Trump, the evidence would be drip-dripped by the media,, to creat a firestorm of worry, and some GOP Senators might wilt in political fear, unable to bear the strain--and just want Trump to go away.

I therefore believe it is NOT  given that the GOP majority Senate, would fail to vote to remove.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 07:29:57 pm »
Impeach/remove is a process, not an event.

In the case of Nixon, although it did not reach a vote, evidence grew that he was invlved in problematic behavior.

I seem to recall some Republican senators approached Nion, and he resigned.

Should the House vote to impeach Trump, the evidence would be drip-dripped by the media,, to creat a firestorm of worry, and some GOP Senators might wilt in political fear, unable to bear the strain--and just want Trump to go away.

I therefore believe it is NOT  given that the GOP majority Senate, would fail to vote to remove.

If a majority GOP in the Senate cannot prevent removal, then we are all screwed.
The Republic is lost.

Online corbe

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 07:34:02 pm »
   A great 'Dealmaker' would arrange for Pence to be impeached instead for draft choices to be named later.  /JS
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 08:09:40 pm »
Even Loony San Fran Nan won't be able to stop them with her vaunted persuasiveness.

It is going to be like herding cats and getting them to their new home....on Christmas day....

Merry Christmas one and all.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2018, 09:47:14 pm »
It is going to be like herding cats and getting them to their new home....on Christmas day....

Merry Christmas one and all.

You, sir, are a meany.   :laugh:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2018, 09:50:12 pm »

Takes more than a majority...i.e 2/3.  (67 senators)

Doubtful the dims could get 19 GOP senators to bolt.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 10:05:35 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 09:52:05 pm »
   A great 'Dealmaker' would arrange for Pence to be impeached instead for draft choices to be named later.  /JS

I wonder if the Dems have considered that Pence would be President, and most of us on the right would be much happier?

Not being too bright, I bet they haven't.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2018, 10:02:26 pm »

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2018, 05:08:21 am »
Safe to say, while it is certainly possible the weak kneed GOP Senate would abandon their president, it is not probable.  If they did that, I could guarantee every one of them losing their next election, for the American people would not vote for them.

McConnell is no friend to Trump, and he is the one to watch.  He can lead the dummies necessary to remove Trump.

The only good news is that with Pelosi as Speaker, she will remind the short memory Americans just how awful she is as well as the Democommies.  2020 will be another banner year for the GOP if they can just stay semi united against the Democommies.