Author Topic: Trump is leaving 50,000 Syrian civilians to die  (Read 3881 times)

Offline goodwithagun

Re: Trump is leaving 50,000 Syrian civilians to die
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2018, 03:23:29 am »

Fighting for their country. So?  Are you bible thumper?  Obama created this mess. What is the big deal, Christian or muslim?  IT IS THEIR COUNTRY...NOT OURS.  DID YOU FORGET?   Some thing wrong with you.  Where do you live?  America or Syria?  Where is your allegiance.  You do know, the world is not perfect?   They have been trained, taught by our soldiers.  Time to let go. OR YOU, go to Syria as chaplain and help them. Be another Branson.  Foolish.

Much like the jelly of the month club, you are the gift that keeps giving the whole year.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2018, 03:26:09 am »
This is a stranger than usual thread.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2018, 03:29:43 am »

Ok.  ISSI is done.  What do you want ?  Most people just want to be left alone.  I support my AMERICAN MILITARY....no one else. They are not being abandoned. They are left to live their lives. You ARE A MEDDLER.

Oh hells bells...I cannot wait to see what happens when @LegalAmerican finds out that @TomSea is a trump supporter
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2018, 03:33:32 am »
Also, color me nativist...but it pisses me off when a foreigner comes to my country, from whatever shithole they come from and then presume to tell me that they know better how my country should be run.   Sit down, STFU and become an American in more than name only...

YMMVX
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline corbe

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2018, 03:40:19 am »
   @TomSea is many things @LegalAmerican Intelligent, Insightful, Beautiful and at times downright onery but I never considered him meddling, thanks for that one, I can't wait to use it next time he calls me an azzhole.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2018, 03:41:01 am »
Tough on Iran? Trump could be giving Iran a free hand in Syria which could have serious repercussions with Israel.  That's quite something when he campaigned to limit Iran.

Oh, and Yemen where the Saudis fight? No mention of a military drawdown there, is there? Could be doing a favor for the Crown Prince.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 03:41:52 am by TomSea »

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2018, 05:32:14 pm »

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump
 If anybody but your favorite President, Donald J. Trump, announced that, after decimating ISIS in Syria, we were going to bring our troops back home (happy & healthy), that person would be the most popular hero in America. With me, hit hard instead by the Fake News Media. Crazy!

5:59 PM - Dec 22, 2018

Oceander

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2018, 05:33:49 pm »
Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump
 If anybody but your favorite President, Donald J. Trump, announced that, after decimating ISIS in Syria, we were going to bring our troops back home (happy & healthy), that person would be the most popular hero in America. With me, hit hard instead by the Fake News Media. Crazy!

5:59 PM - Dec 22, 2018

Does “decimating” mean “completely defeated, so they can’t come back”?

No. 

That means you’re cutting and running with the job left unfinished Trumpy Bear.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2018, 05:37:43 pm »
Here's another perspective:
Here’s Why Trump Made The Right Decision On Troops In Syria
An in-depth look, as someone who has spent time on the ground in Iraq and Syria with U.S. troops, local tribal militias, and rebel forces since 2005.
By Oubai Shahbandar   
December 21, 2018

President Trump has made a bold and immensely consequential decision in pulling U.S. troops out of Syria. His detractors on both the right and left will be many. But as someone who has spent time on the ground in Iraq and Syria both with U.S. troops, local tribal militias, and rebel forces since 2005, I can tell you that it was the right one to make.

Throughout this summer, i drove into the part of northern Syria cleared of the Islamic State (daesh) that does not have a U.S. military presence. Syrian northern cities of Azaz and Jarablus were the sites of two separate stages of the Syrian war. First rebels battled the Assad regime, then against daesh. Transnational terrorists haven’t had a foothold in those areas — jointly managed by Turkish armed forces and their newly created Syrian National Army — for years. It is a template that could help fill the vacuum left behind as the U.S. military leaves.  ... More at The Federalist

Oubai Shahbandar is a former Department of Defense Middle East analyst and is currently an international security fellow with New America.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2018, 05:39:54 pm »
Does “decimating” mean “completely defeated, so they can’t come back”?

No. 

That means you’re cutting and running with the job left unfinished Trumpy Bear.

So, you would have to  "find' every muslim wanting to do jihad.  Never ending.  Use some common sense.
Silly argument, that you think, muslims don't want to kill others or 'join' isis.   Since YOU are an idiot, and I gave you a chance, I will put you on ignore.  Nothing of value for me.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2018, 05:44:37 pm »
Regarding Mattis. From my friend.
------------------------
Sir, I read your Letter of Resignation to President Donald Trump.

In it, you express satisfaction at the job you've done thus far, and you cite how you serve the men and women under your command as Defense Secretary.

But there is no mention of President Trump's policies towards Syria, North Korea, or the other places he has avoided war or kept war from expanding. You do mention China and Russia being a threat, but I found it odd that you would resign the day after the president's new Syria policy is announced.

Many Defense Secretaries may have threatened to resign over the conduct of their president. Did Truman's SecDef threaten to resign when he fired General MacArthur? Did Johnson's SecDef resign when Johnson sought passage of the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution? Did Nixon's SecDef resign when he ordered the bombing of Cambodia? Did Reagan's SecDef resign when he cut off funds to Israel for their invasion of Lebanon? Did Bush's SecDef resign when we invaded Iraq?

The answer is no to all of those. Because those Secretaries put the good of the nation ahead of their own vanity. But you, General Mattis, are arrogant and think only of yourself. You pretend not to care about politics but you are obviously a political general, worried only about unnamed "alliances" in Syria, and not the fighting men and women of our Armed Forces put into harm's way in nebulous missions like Syria. This was a mission created by John Kerry, Hillary Clinton, and Barack Obama! The same idiots who gave us Benghazi and the "red line" over Syria.

When he campaigned and when he took office, President Trump made two promises: He would fight to destroy ISIS and then draw down our forces in the Middle East. And second, he would fire anybody and everybody if they did not perform. Trump kept that promise this week, and if you didn't like working for him, then he kept the second promise as well. No one is un-replacable.

I guess the thing that saddens me the most is that within minutes of you publishing your resignation letter, Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer printed it out to wave in front of television cameras to denounce Trump. And you knew this would happen!

General Mattis, if it were in my power, I would put the above photo of Pelosi and Schumer on a billboard of your retirement town or city, along with the caption: "General Mattis betrayed his President, betrayed the flag, and betrayed his country".

Mattis knew that President Trump was in deep budget negotiations with the Democrats. And he dumped this on the president anyway. President Trump is bleeding from a thousand cuts, and you just slashed him a new one right across his wide chest, sir. How dare you?

In your letter, you mentioned vague commitments to unnamed "allies" as the reason to keep our troops in Syria. Not good enough sir. You don't work for those international allies, you work for America and you work for the fighting men and women of our military. And they deserve straight reasons for why they should be dumped into the middle of a conflict that has nothing to do with us. In The American Spectator, Aymenn Jawad Al-Tamim writes:

As a result, a combination came about of pushing dubious aims without the formulation of a contingency plan that would have honestly addressed the most serious problems. The most notable case of the former was framing the U.S. troop deployment in Syria in terms of an unrealistic “counter-Iran” angle.

This is not a good enough reason for putting American soldiers in the middle of an inter-Muslim fight, Sir. President Trump laid it out very precisely in his tweet yesterday, where he stated:

The president is right, but more than that, he is the president. And that, General Mattis, is where you made your gravest mistake and assumption.

General Mattis, you may have opinions. You may want to go your own way. But as every general knows, there is only one president and what he says goes. Deciding policy is not simply "optional" if you feel strongly about it, your job is to implement the president's policy to the best of your ability. Not to throw hissy fits if you don't get your way. You are not a co-president, how dare you assert otherwise?

I listed the previous Secretary of States in the latter half of this past century for a reason. They may have all had reasons to resign, and might have threatened so in private. But they kept that private. They didn't go out of their way to damage the sitting president while he is in the midst of grave negotiations, here and abroad. That's what you did, sir. You put your opinion, your views, above that of the country. This has nothing to do with Trump and everything to do with you and your ego.

General Mattis, most reporters are simply going to label your departure as Trump's revolving door and an ongoing crisis in his leadership style. I see this as Trump standing up for the common people who voted for him, the common people who support him bringing home those 2,000 American troops from Syria for the very reasons Trump stated. We support Trump in continually firing people out for their own advancement, until he finds public servants who truly know the meaning of the term. People who work for us, not for Washington D.C., or whatever interests you, General Mattis, accumulated as a general.

There's something very creepy and sinister about a defense secretary who believes his secretive alliances with international groups are more important than the lives of the soldiers he supposedly represents. You sir, apparently don't work for me or the rest of the American people. Good riddance to yet another self-promoter.

There are no winners here, and you did everything you could to make it worse. You could have been just like our UN ambassador, and said you were planning a retirement after a good two years. But you had to dial up your reporter friends, the contacts you made with "friendly" reporters the past two years in your job, and you gushed to them how you didn't approve of Trump's Syrian withdrawal, and were quitting in a pique.

That's not leadership, that's not a matter of conscience, and that's not public service, General Mattis. You let our country down, and you disgraced yourself far more than anything you attempted to do against the president. His conscience is clear, he places us first. That's how President Trump always operates. I wish I could say the same for you.

Whatever allies you value above public service, General Mattis, be it France or Belgium or Germany, I suggest you move to one of their countries, renounce your American citizenship, and stay there. Whatever your past public service, you stand a traitor today and you should not draw another breath of free air as an American citizen here with the rest of us. bleep off to hell, sir.

(What you think of me is none of my business - Donald Trump)
LegalAmerican likes this post

Oceander

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2018, 05:45:23 pm »
So, you would have to  "find' every muslim wanting to do jihad.  Never ending.  Use some common sense.
Silly argument, that you think, muslims don't want to kill others or 'join' isis.   Since YOU are an idiot, and I gave you a chance, I will put you on ignore.  Nothing of value for me.

Please put me on ignore, because I’m tired of your tedious jingoism.

And no, Trump doesn’t deserve the credit he’s caliming, because the job isn’t finished yet and he hasn’t made adequate preparations to finish that job.  Vague promises from Turkeys Erdogan do not count.  He’s cutting and running solely for domestic political effect. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2018, 05:47:45 pm »
Oh, excuse me, did they invade over here? Or was it us who intervened over there?  So, we have no responsibility, it became excessively instable after the Iraq intervention? They sure were there when we were in need.

They fight and they have died helping the US fight ISIS, doing the dirty work, but we owe them nothing?

And a number of them are Christians.

Assad was protecting the Christian population in Syria quite nicely before we decided to destabilize that country. We had no business there before and we have no business there now.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2018, 05:58:06 pm »
My president is right & correct as ALWAYS!  I thought 'we" don't want war or to be in other countries. "We" wanted American soldiers HOME.  Now "we"...don't?    Hell if he does, hell if he doesn't.  Crazy.
-------------------------------

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump

Getting out of Syria was no surprise. I’ve been campaigning on it for years, and six months ago, when I very publicly wanted to do it, I agreed to stay longer. Russia, Iran, Syria & others are the local enemy of ISIS. We were doing their work. Time to come home & rebuild. #MAGA

3:42 AM - Dec 20, 2018

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2018, 06:06:39 pm »
Please put me on ignore, because I’m tired of your tedious jingoism.

And no, Trump doesn’t deserve the credit he’s caliming, because the job isn’t finished yet and he hasn’t made adequate preparations to finish that job.  Vague promises from Turkeys Erdogan do not count.  He’s cutting and running solely for domestic political effect.

So NT are you?  WHEN IS THE JOB DONE?  When is the perfect time to leave?  No one can answer me. Islamists have their belief system, Koran, Sharia law.  You think they will CHANGE by us being there?  lol
You have no clue. Nothing about Erdogan. Some of you are fiction writers. Nothing about politics. MY PRESIDENT loves our military and wants them HOME! Read his tweet slowly. It was presidents plan for YEARS...nothing to do with anyone else. How can you all, lie, like you do?   Merry Christmas...to ALL...esp. our American soldiers, coming home!   :patriot: :seeya:

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump

Getting out of Syria was no surprise. I’ve been campaigning on it for years, and six months ago, when I very publicly wanted to do it, I agreed to stay longer. Russia, Iran, Syria & others are the local enemy of ISIS. We were doing their work. Time to come home & rebuild. #MAGA

Oceander

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2018, 06:06:53 pm »
My president is right & correct as ALWAYS!  I thought 'we" don't want war or to be in other countries. "We" wanted American soldiers HOME.  Now "we"...don't?    Hell if he does, hell if he doesn't.  Crazy.
-------------------------------

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump

:facepalm2:

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2018, 06:07:55 pm »
Assad was protecting the Christian population in Syria quite nicely before we decided to destabilize that country. We had no business there before and we have no business there now.

:thumbsup:

Oceander

« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2018, 06:09:25 pm »

Maybe so, but we interfered nonetheless; and that’s where this debate has to start from. 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2018, 06:12:20 pm »

:facepalm2:

lol lol lol.  DEFEATED!   No answer for me.  "WHEN..would be a good time to LEAVE "?    333cleo

Oceander

« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2018, 06:16:42 pm »

lol lol lol.  DEFEATED!   No answer for me.  "WHEN..would be a good time to LEAVE "?    333cleo

There is a response to your idiocy, and since you asked for it, I’ll give it to you even if it gets me banned:

« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 07:19:06 pm by MOD3 »

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2018, 06:30:44 pm »
Number one rule in Sharia law.  To do jihad. You think Islamists will change?   ISSI will change or never recruit ?  I needed you to focus on # 1 , # 34
---------------------------

Imam Feisal Abdel Rauf claims that the U.S. constitution is Sharia compliant. Now let us examine below a few laws of Sharia to see how truthful Imam Rauf is:

1-   Jihad, defined as “to war against non-Muslims to establish the religion,” is the duty of every Muslim and Muslim head of state (Caliph). Muslim Caliphs who refuse jihad are in violation of Sharia and unfit to rule.

8-   A Muslim who leaves Islam must be killed immediately.

11-   Sharia never abolished slavery, sexual slavery and highly regulates it. A master will not be punished for killing his slave.

20-   There is no age limit for marriage of girls. The marriage contract can take place anytime after birth and can be consummated at age 8 or 9.

30-   To prove rape, a woman must have 4 male witnesses.  (lol sure)

34-It is obligatory for a Muslim to lie if the purpose is obligatory. That means that for the sake of abiding with Islam’s commandments, such as jihad, a Muslim is obliged to lie and should not have any feelings of guilt or shame associated with this kind of lying.

The above are clear-cut laws in Islam decided by great Imams after years of examination and interpretation of the Quran, Hadith and Mohammed’s life. Now let the learned Imam Rauf tell us: What part of the above is compliant with the U.S. Constitution?

Nonie Darwish is the author of “Cruel and Usual Punishment; the terrifying global implications of Islamic law” and founder of Former Muslims United.

ABOUT NONIE DARWISH
Nonie Darwish is the author of The Devil We Don’t Know; The Dark Side of Revolutions in the Middle East and President of FormerMuslimsUnited.org.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2018, 06:31:20 pm »
Tough Titty!

Maybe this will make them willing to take up rifles and do their own damn fighting? If not,they deserve to die.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2018, 06:31:51 pm »
....DONE. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2018, 06:33:22 pm »
Until they start coming over here with valid asylum claims because we abdicated all responsibility over there.  Then you can start calling them American citizens.

Maybe that withdrawal was a tad hasty.

@Oceander

I  know this is a little too complex for you to completely comprehend,but WE DO NOT HAVE TO GIVE THEM ASYLUM!

IF they do try it,what we SHOULD do is hand them AK's and magazine pouch vests,and send them back home.

We are NOT the worlds daddy.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2018, 06:36:07 pm »

They fight and they have died helping the US fight ISIS, doing the dirty work, but we owe them nothing?

@TomSea

You mean they were fighting to protect America? And here I was thinking they were trying  to save their own asses!

And a number of them are Christians.

So what?