Author Topic: Ancient people found dinosaur bones just like todays paleontologists.  (Read 791 times)

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
Stories of monsters and rare art of dinosaurs go all the way into paleolithic eras. People like to imagine that humans and dinosaurs lived simultaneously. Science says no. I agree with science.

There's a lot of ancient ruins and archaeologists are always finding new sites with stone buildings. Humans were building stone structures with quarried rock 5000 years ago, maybe much longer. Massive ancient quarries are found everywhere, notably Egypt, Asia, South America, Europe. While quarrying for building material was somewhat normal in ancient civilization, those people weren't paleontologists and had no knowledge of the earth millions of years before them. Just like the construction workers of today they would have found dinosaur bones. These discoveries would be a short-lived novelty unless they uncovered a full skeleton or a large skull or something that made it stand out from the normal. I think that these discoveries were to them proof of monsters and for all they knew these creatures weren't extinct.

There's that stegasaur in India on a temple carving and some pottery paintings of sauropods and a few others that look a lot like dinosaurs. The only logical answer is they pieced the skeletons together. Finding a stegasaur skull would make for a great campfire story telling and a token to convince some people of the existence of monsters.

Not far fetched.
I won't accept.