Author Topic: ... David Hogg ... 'accepted into Harvard to major in political science'  (Read 3697 times)

Offline mountaineer

Ivy League bound! Parkland shooting survivor turned gun control activist David Hogg, 18, 'accepted into Harvard to major in political science'

The teen's mom, Rebecca Boldrick, shared the happy news with the teen understood to be starting at the Massachusetts college in the fall of 2019
    David survived the Parkland massacre which saw 17 of his fellow students and teachers at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida shot and killed
    He helped to launch the March for Our Lives movement along with classmates
    UC Irvine also offered Hogg a place but it is understood he will go to Harvard
    It comes as Warren Stanley Bond, 78, faces five years in prison for sending a threatening letter to his mother Rebecca

By Lauren Fruen For Dailymail.com
Published: 16:08 EST, 21 December 2018 | Updated: 16:58 EST, 21 December 2018
Parkland shooting survivor David Hogg has been accepted into Harvard University after launching a high profile campaign for stricter gun control.

The 18-year-old's mom shared the happy news that he would be off to the prestigious Ivy League school to major in political science.

Rebecca Boldrick is said to be 'super proud' of her teenage son, TMZ reports.

David survived the Parkland massacre which saw 17 of his fellow students and teachers at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida shot and killed by gunman Nikolas Cruz.  ...

In August this year Hogg said he wants to join a 2020 presidential campaign and revealed he aspires to run for Congress when he is 25-years-old. ...
Rest of story

*****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Re: ... David Hogg ... 'accepted into Harvard to major in political science'
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 11:19:33 pm »
He should be in good company there...  Harvard University of 2019....

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 11:22:52 pm »
He probably won't be required to attend class. He's special.

Offline EdJames

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 11:25:18 pm »
"Political Science" will be perfect for him!!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2018, 11:29:17 pm »
I thought he might go to Princeton, you know, with that whole "boys can menstruate" thingey going on there.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 11:33:38 pm by mountaineer »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2018, 11:31:08 pm »
This ticks me off. I was a semi-legacy for an ivy, I had good grades, good SATs and I was rejected. (I had a relative leave a lot of money to the school in his will and during his lifetime. All my cousins went there).

I would like to see this kid’s grades, SATs etc.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 11:31:49 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline EdJames

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2018, 11:31:21 pm »
I could be incorrect, but I believe that Princeton still maintains some strict academic standards....  he would have to work hard to stay enrolled and graduate....  probably not what he wishes to do....

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2018, 11:39:31 pm »
The first White guy to be admitted to Harvard in years. I guess being a fanatic radical Leftist has its advantages. The only good part of this is that he hates Pelosi and Schumer as being 'old fossils'. He has called for the 'old guard' Democrats to step down. Which actually makes perfect sense. At least his eyes are open.

He is more radical than the radicals. He is not a boilerplate Liberal sheep like most of the American Democrats are. We shall see how he changes after he gets a little age and experience behind him, and how his indoctrination at the Harvard therapeutic clinic will affect him.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 11:40:08 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2018, 11:42:18 pm »
This ticks me off. I was a semi-legacy for an ivy, I had good grades, good SATs and I was rejected. (I had a relative leave a lot of money to the school in his will and during his lifetime. All my cousins went there).

I don't think he actually completed his senior year at Parkland. Too busy being an activist, but his groupies claim he had a 4.2 GPA.  *****rollingeyes*****
Harvard has such high standards. As if Al Gore III wasn't enough of a joke!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2018, 12:39:38 am »

He had a 4.2 GPA and SAT of 1270. His classes must have been ridiculously easy, because his test scores are unimpressive.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2018, 12:49:29 am »
I could be incorrect, but I believe that Princeton still maintains some strict academic standards....  he would have to work hard to stay enrolled and graduate....  probably not what he wishes to do....

@EdJames I in  a coffee shop on Nassau Street today with a friend and we were talking about how much Princeton has changed since the millennium. It made us both kind of sad.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 12:50:13 am by Freya »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2018, 12:49:51 am »
"Political Science" will be perfect for him!!

IOWs, he'll be unemployable in the private sector but will believe  he will have the expertise to tell others how to run a business or live their lives
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Oceander

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2018, 12:52:31 am »
I don't think he actually completed his senior year at Parkland. Too busy being an activist, but his groupies claim he had a 4.2 GPA.  *****rollingeyes*****
Harvard has such high standards. As if Al Gore III wasn't enough of a joke!

4.2 out of what is the question.  A lot of schools have gone to a gpa that is on a 4.5 scale now.  My daughter’s school for example. 

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2018, 12:56:34 am »
Harvard is going to be sorry.  He's going to whine and pitch fits and tell his professors they've got everything wrong. 

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2018, 01:00:33 am »
Harvard is going to be sorry.  He's going to whine and pitch fits and tell his professors they've got everything wrong.

Perfect. Then he'll graduate with honors, go to Yale Law School and then run for Congress.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Applewood

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2018, 01:04:55 am »
Harvard has really gone downhill. 

Offline Applewood

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2018, 01:06:12 am »
IOWs, he'll be unemployable in the private sector but will believe  he will have the expertise to tell others how to run a business or live their lives

Hogg can be a "community organizer" just like a certain Harvard graduate we know.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2018, 01:28:22 am »
"David survived the Parkland massacre..."  in a word...bullshit.

Useless/worthless POS was nowhere near the school when the shooting went down...effin' grifter piece of shit.

Like a Northern Carpetbagger of the times...
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2018, 02:11:06 am »

The grades were good, the SAT sucked so badly he could not get into a State University.  Back when I could see his early tweets, before the shooting that made him famous, he was bitching without end about how his SAT shafted him.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2018, 02:29:48 am »
The grades were good, the SAT sucked so badly he could not get into a State University.  Back when I could see his early tweets, before the shooting that made him famous, he was bitching without end about how his SAT shafted him.

Should have taken Kaplan prep course. For English memorize Latin words to figure out what word meanings are, this was a big help for me.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 02:31:02 am by Freya »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2018, 05:40:03 am »
Perfect example today's pencil neck geeks.  A
scum suckin', pea headed, low-T freak with a lousy physique.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2018, 12:16:13 pm »
Harvard University: where the name on the diploma matters more than the education.

It amazes me that they are still considered elite when they'll admit anyone who is famous.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Oceander

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2018, 01:53:17 pm »
Harvard University: where the name on the diploma matters more than the education.

It amazes me that they are still considered elite when they'll admit anyone who is famous.

:thumbsup:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2018, 01:59:51 pm »

I was born and raised in a blue collar town.  Went to only one high school class reunion and that was enough for me.  One classmate there was particularly insufferable.  He was going around bragging that he graduated from Harvard Business School -- even affected the phoney accent ("Hah-vud").  When he came to our table, my best friend, who had graduated from a local secretarial school, said "big deal.  I went to a business school too."  The guy was all huffy.  "Not the same as Hah-vud!"  He made a fast exit and my friend and I laughed our backsides off. 

By the way, some years later, this Hah-vud graduate ended up in prison on some federal violations.  So much for that prestigious Hah-vud education.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2018, 02:00:00 pm »

That's the truth. Malia Obama is there now, immersed in what I'm sure is a rigorous course of dope smoking study.