Author Topic: Missouri poacher ordered to repeatedly watch 'Bambi'  (Read 1191 times)

Offline corbe

Missouri poacher ordered to repeatedly watch 'Bambi'
« on: December 17, 2018, 05:53:53 pm »
Missouri poacher ordered to repeatedly watch 'Bambi'

By  - Associated Press - Monday, December 17, 2018

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP) — A Missouri poacher has been ordered to repeatedly watch the movie “Bambi” as part of his sentence for illegally killing hundreds of deer.

The Springfield News-Leader reports that David Berry Jr. was ordered to watch the Walt Disney movie at least once each month during his year-long jail sentence in what conservation agents are calling one of the largest deer poaching cases in state history.

Prosecutors say the deer were killed for their heads, with their bodies left to rot.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/dec/17/missouri-poacher-ordered-to-repeatedly-watch-bambi/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoors/missouri-man-must-watch-bambi-monthly-as-part-of-poaching-punishment-judge-rules

A Missouri poacher involved in the illegal killing of “several hundred deer” over three years, taking their heads and leaving their bodies to rot, must watch the Disney classic “Bambi” once a month while he remains behind bars, a judge reportedly ruled.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
And all the little petty enviro psychoburgers probably think that's real cool, and satisfies their passive-aggressive childish spitefulness.

What an idiotic punishment.
The Republic is lost.

Offline berdie

And all the little petty enviro psychoburgers probably think that's real cool, and satisfies their passive-aggressive childish spitefulness.

What an idiotic punishment.

It does seem a little bit soft.
In Texas...if you run afoul of the game warden...it's worse than killing a human.  Those guys scare the heck out of me.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This is stupid because it's not enforceable.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

But it is woke justice.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.

It does seem a little bit soft.
I'd have sentenced him to Gilligan's Island three times a day. That'd be enough to scare anyone straight.  wink777

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL

He got locked up too. Apparently his new place of residence will enforce it.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Slide Rule

Re: Missouri poacher ordered to repeatedly watch 'Bambi'
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2018, 01:14:59 pm »
A Clockwork Orange approach does not work.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Frank Cannon

What a load of shit. Deer are just big rats. They're destructive and carry disease around. The loser Millennials are hunting in less numbers so these filthy things are overpopulating. Kill every one you see. 

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'd have sentenced him to Gilligan's Island three times a day. That'd be enough to scare anyone straight.  wink777

Good choice.  He probably would have enjoyed The Beverly Hillbilly's had that been the sentence.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2018, 02:45:42 pm »
Prosecutors say the deer were killed for their heads, with their bodies left to rot.

Berry was convicted in southwest Missouri’s Lawrence County of illegally taking wildlife. Three relatives and another man also were caught in connection to the poaching case. They’ve paid $51,000 in fines and court costs.

Berry also was sentenced to 120 days in jail in nearby Barton County for a firearms probation violation.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/missouri-poacher-ordered-to-repeatedly-watch-bambi_us_5c17cfaae4b05d7e5d84cac6

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2018, 02:57:46 pm »
Court records show the defendant "is to view the Walt Disney movie Bambi, with the first viewing being on or before December 23, 2018, and at least one such viewing each month thereafter, during Defendants incarceration in the Lawrence County Jail."

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Good choice.  He probably would have enjoyed The Beverly Hillbilly's had that been the sentence.
@The Ghost
I could have picked either that or My Mother, the Car, but either one would have violated the Eighth Amendment.  wink777

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2018, 06:44:40 pm »
I had a friend who used to poach deer. He left the area for a few years, and during that time the deer population boomed.  I don't know how many deer he was shooting per year,  but I do know for a few years when he was out of the area I was occasionally driving to work through herds of deer and had deer running into  my car.
Every night going to work I had to keep my eyes open for deer crossing the highway or simply standing in the middle of the road. They weren't even observing the  "deer crossing" signs and crossing at the "no deer crossing" signs.
I might have made up that last sentence.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
What a load of shit. Deer are just big rats. They're destructive and carry disease around. The loser Millennials are hunting in less numbers so these filthy things are overpopulating. Kill every one you see.

Sadly, that's true. I live in the deer mecca of the US. Hate to say it but the guy did nothing to dent the population.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2018, 08:32:15 pm »
I got kin that would let this fellow kill hundreds of deer for them (they strawberry farm). The dang vermin are right now tearing through the plastic wrap that protect the new plants over the winter. Soon it will be wild hogs that infest the lands as bad as deer.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2018, 05:24:09 am »
I got kin that would let this fellow kill hundreds of deer for them (they strawberry farm). The dang vermin are right now tearing through the plastic wrap that protect the new plants over the winter. Soon it will be wild hogs that infest the lands as bad as deer.
It would be a hoot if all the vegans got their own country with a substantial population of critters. We'd see many of them would turn into fervent deer and varmint hunters after the critters boom in numbers and start eating all their plants and vegetables.

Offline verga

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2018, 04:32:38 pm »
Friends of mine up north farmed 400+ acres. They had Land management permits. This allowed them to cull any animals that were doing damage to their crops. This included: Deer, Fox, Groundhogs, etc.... They were legally able to stock the freezer doing this
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.