Author Topic: Lindsey Graham slams Trump's plan to withdraw U.S. troops from Syria as "huge Obama-like mistake"  (Read 823 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Lindsey Graham slams Trump's plan to withdraw U.S. troops from Syria as "huge Obama-like mistake"
By Jason Lemon On 12/19/18 at 11:07 AM

Republican Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina has slammed President Donald Trump’s reported plan to withdraw some 2,000 American troops from Syria, referring to the move as a “huge Obama-like mistake.”

Defense officials reportedly said on Wednesday that the White House plans to withdraw its forces from Syria. Trump also posted to Twitter, declaring victory over the Islamic State militant group in the Middle Eastern nation. “We have defeated ISIS in Syria, my only reason for being there during the Trump Presidency,” the president said in a morning tweet.

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders confirmed the news in a statement, saying that "we have started returning United States troops home as we transition to the next phase of this campaign."

Read more at: https://www.newsweek.com/obama-mistake-graham-trump-syria-troop-withdrawal-1265072

When people say "Neo-Con", this is a "Neo-Con" like decision. I'm not judging as to whether it is right or wrong in that context. We know, Obama made the wrong decision in Iraq. As to Syria, that is not a place we ever invade per the Gulf War of 2003.

More related discussion on this can be had in the world news forum:  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/board,70.0.html

Offline skeeter

On the other hand Trump is avoiding making another huge Obama-like Libyan mistake.

What happened in Libya makes a far more relevant comparison to Syria than what happened in Iraq.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 05:22:48 pm by skeeter »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
On the other hand Trump is avoiding making another huge Obama-like Libyan mistake.

As we have become energy independent, and now have a technological ability of reserves for 100's of years, I am all for just getting the hell out of the ME once and for all.  Let the EU deal with it now.  They need their oil.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

As we have become energy independent, and now have a technological ability of reserves for 100's of years, I am all for just getting the hell out of the ME once and for all.  Let the EU deal with it now.  They need their oil.

Amen. I don't know what motivates Graham but he seems awfully cavalier about using our military & spending American lives.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Amen. I don't know what motivates Graham but he seems awfully cavalier about using our military & spending American lives.

He’s channeling his old friend, McCain.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
OK, we're gettin' out of Syria.
Good move.

BETTER move:
Get out of Afghanistan as well.
Let that s***hole rot.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Graham is acting stupidly on this subject.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

We have no business in Syria.