Author Topic: Tucker Carlson Defiant After Losing Three More Advertisers to Left-Wing Blacklisting Campaign  (Read 3121 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
18 Dec 2018

Tucker Carlson lost three more advertisers Monday following a left-wing social media campaign to pressure companies to pull their ads from his prime time Fox News program.

The Wrap reports that Bowflex, Pacific Life, SmileDirectClub, and Indeed all removed their ads from Tucker Carlson Tonight after host Carlson made comments criticizing immigration policy.

Carlson faced social media backlash after saying that immigration can make the United States “dirtier” and contribute to poverty.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2018/12/18/tucker-carlson-defiant-after-losing-three-more-advertisers-to-left-wing-blacklisting-campaign/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Never surrender. Never retreat.  If you do it only empowers these asshats to do it again and again and again.

Fox better back him.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Never surrender. Never retreat.  If you do it only empowers these asshats to do it again and again and again.

Fox better back him.

Let's hope, but it seems no one has any cajones anymore.
The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Let's hope, but it seems no one has any cajones anymore.

Truth.  Everyone has gone mad.  They try to please everyone and end up pleasing no one. 

Offline Frank Cannon

Bowflex, Pacific Life, SmileDirectClub, and Indeed

LOL. Some big time outfits there. Anyone else know that Bowflex was still a thing?

Online Wingnut

Bowflex, Pacific Life, SmileDirectClub, and Indeed

LOL. Some big time outfits there. Anyone else know that Bowflex was still a thing?

Seriously!  Didn't Chuck Norris's Total Gym drive them out of biddness?

Offline Applewood

Apparently, more advertisers are pulling the plug:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/tucker-carlson-dropped-by-at-least-16-advertisers-over-immigration-comments/ar-BBR8xgj?ocid=spartanntp

However:

Not all advertisers are pulling the plug. MyPillow inventor and CEO Mike Lindell told TheWrap in a statement Tuesday: "I am not changing my advertising. I make all of my advertising decisions based on what is best for MyPillow, my customers and my employees."

Offline Frank Cannon

If anyone is curious why the Left is once again playing this advertiser game with a FOX host look no further than Tucker's popularity....

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoyella/2018/09/21/is-foxs-tucker-carlson-destined-to-dominate-cable-news/#57827e61461e

Offline Applewood

Ticks me off that these advertisers can't stand that Carlson is telling the truth.  The people coming in now are here illegally.  They are NOT here to work for a better life.  They just want to mooch and turn this country into the hellholes they left behind. 

I have no problem boycotting any of these advertisers.  Some of them I never even heard of.  Others sell products and services I'm not interested in or can do without.

I do hope Carlson can stay on the air and not be forced to apologize for his remarks.  Why should he have to apologize or walk back his remarks when they are true?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
They backed Laura and she came out of similar circumstances in good shape, I think she's even scored the best Fox News primetime ratings a few time. I"m sure they will hang in there with Tucker against these PC Nazis.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Ticks me off that these advertisers can't stand that Carlson is telling the truth.  The people coming in now are here illegally.  They are NOT here to work for a better life.  They just want to mooch and turn this country into the hellholes they left behind. 

I have no problem boycotting any of these advertisers.  Some of them I never even heard of.  Others sell products and services I'm not interested in or can do without.

I do hope Carlson can stay on the air and not be forced to apologize for his remarks.  Why should he have to apologize or walk back his remarks when they are true?

The client/advertiser makes their decisions on demographics and charts.  They don't even watch the show.  Mike Lindell excepted.

He could afford to carry the entire hour. 

And this time of year, turn a hefty profit.   (I'm getting one  :laugh: )

That said, Rush went into great detail how he uncovered about a dozen people appearing as ten thousand people.

The client sees ten thousand letters of complaint or threaten of boycott....what the hell are they to do?

IOW, it's phony outrage.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 04:56:29 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online goatprairie

Carlson didn't directly say that illegal immigrants all bring if disease and filth...he said liberals don't care if they do.
People say  Carlson was implying all illegal immigrants bring disease and filth. If he was implying that, the truth is many illegals do bring in disease and filth. That's indisputable.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
18 Dec 2018

Tucker Carlson lost three more advertisers Monday following a left-wing social media campaign to pressure companies to pull their ads from his prime time Fox News program.

The Wrap reports that Bowflex, Pacific Life, SmileDirectClub, and Indeed all removed their ads from Tucker Carlson Tonight after host Carlson made comments criticizing immigration policy.

Carlson faced social media backlash after saying that immigration can make the United States “dirtier” and contribute to poverty.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2018/12/18/tucker-carlson-defiant-after-losing-three-more-advertisers-to-left-wing-blacklisting-campaign/

There should be a list of all those advertisers with their contact info so we can notify them we are boycotting their businesses.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I haven't been watching Tucker but the left has convinced me that I should start.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

If anyone is curious why the Left is once again playing this advertiser game with a FOX host look no further than Tucker's popularity....

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoyella/2018/09/21/is-foxs-tucker-carlson-destined-to-dominate-cable-news/#57827e61461e

Yep, he's become effective. In years past Carlson was a kind of milquetoast hack but lately he's been really good on the issues.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
There should be a list of all those advertisers with their contact info so we can notify them we are boycotting their businesses.

Here's the companies from that article:

Takeda Pharmaceutical Company
TD Ameritrade
Just For Men
United Explorer credit card
ScotteVest
Voya Financial
Zenni Optical
Pacific Life
Indeed
Bowflex
SmileDirectClub
NerdWallet
Minted
Ancestry.com
IHOP Jaguar

I use two of those and I will be informing them that I won't anymore because of their boycott.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

TD Ameritrade
Just For Men
ScotteVest
Voya Financial
Zenni Optical
Pacific Life
Indeed
Bowflex
SmileDirectClub
NerdWallet
Minted
Ancestry.com
IHOP Jaguar

I use two of those and I will be informing them that I won't anymore because of their boycott.
I got a slightly different list from the article.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,344705.msg1872616.html#msg1872616
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

From the same article?
the same article contained in the referenced thread
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
the same article contained in the referenced thread

OK, two articles, two lists.  Hard to know what to believe.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

IHOP Jaguar

IHOP merged with Jaguar?  Now that's some fast pancakes. :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Applewood

Statement from Fox News yesterday:

"We cannot and will not allow voices like Tucker Carlson to be censored by agenda-driven intimidation efforts from the likes of Moveon.org, Media Matters and Sleeping Giants.

Attempts were made last month to bully and terrorize Tucker and his family at their home. He is now once again being threatened via Twitter by far left activist groups with deeply political motives.

While we do not advocate boycotts, these same groups never target other broadcasters and operate under a grossly hypocritical double standard given their intolerance to all opposing points of view.”

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/12/hall_of_shame_advertisers_sign_up_for_boycott_of_tucker_carlson_for_telling_the_truth_on_illegal_immigration.html

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I just got an email back from one of these companies saying that they are "nonpartisan".  I sent them the MSN link and asked them to refute it.

Offline the_doc

TD Ameritrade
Just For Men
ScotteVest
Voya Financial
Zenni Optical
Pacific Life
Indeed
Bowflex
SmileDirectClub
NerdWallet
Minted
Ancestry.com
IHOP Jaguar

I wish that I had used some of them, so I could axe them and tell them why.

I hope all true conservatives are keeping a list of who's been naughty and who's been nice. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
BTW - ScotteVest is the one where the owner said something about selling his vests to stupid right-wingers:

...CEO, Scott Jordan, made some candid comments on Facebook about the channel’s audience. Here’s what he said:

“I love meeting new people that recognize me and my company from all of our television commercials. I am on the ski lift and the following exchange just happened and happens often.

“I ask “what network they saw me?”

“Invariably people say FOXNews.

“I laugh to myself, and tell them that we primarily advertise on Fox because we find their viewership to be extremely gullible and much easier to sell than other networks.

“The look on their face at that time is priceless. I am not kidding you.

“I get to tell them they are f&^king idiots while getting rich off them.”

https://www.politicalorphans.com/scottevest-fox-news-and-a-dunning-kruger-nightmare/

I can't imagine ever buying anything from them.