Author Topic: In reversal, White House shifts border wall funding demands, wants to avoid shutdown  (Read 5641 times)

Offline bilo

Prediction:  Trump would be the last Republican president!!!

I think you're right.

If Trump has caved on the wall the next thing will be amnesty and any hopes of the Pubs winning will be gone. The poor in Mexico, Central America, and South America will see that all they have to do is cross the border and in time they will get to be legalized. I am discouraged right now because it sure looks like Trump caved, time will tell.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

Selling yourself short. Not only will Trump be the last Pub President, but we just saw the last Republican House. Eventually the Senate will fall to the Dems, and that is that. America will officially be a monoparty government. Oh they will still pretend that there are two parties like do today, but it will not matter. The same as today it will all just be kabuki theater to fool the stupid people.

Prediction: people on the Right will simply stop voting. There is no point to it.

I would be in that camp today.

We will see where we are by 2020. If the wall is well under way everything changes.

Offline Absalom

Selling yourself short. Not only will Trump be the last Pub President, but we just saw the last Republican House. Eventually the Senate will fall to the Dems, and that is that. America will officially be a monoparty government. Oh they will still pretend that there are two parties like do today, but it will not matter. The same as today it will all just be kabuki theater to fool the stupid people.

Prediction: people on the Right will simply stop voting. There is no point to it.
-----------------------------
And/or leave the USA as is happening w/increasing frequency!!!

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I think you're right.

If Trump has caved on the wall the next thing will be amnesty and any hopes of the Pubs winning will be gone. The poor in Mexico, Central America, and South America will see that all they have to do is cross the border and in time they will get to be legalized. I am discouraged right now because it sure looks like Trump caved, time will tell.

Yes time will tell.  What is very clear is that the Senate under the leadership of Mitch McConnell is not on the same page as Trump as far as border security goes.  Did Chuckie get to him?  IMHO our only hope is that we will have a wider majority in the Senate but unfortunately the leadership won't change.  McConnell needs to go.  Same leadership same outcome.

You are 100% correct.  IF DACA is allowed to continue, and amnesty is granted there will not be another GOP seated.  The very bad news is that a judge has ordered that all those that were not allowed asylum be returned to the U.S.!!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Oceander

That will be true if the GOP continues to demonize immigrants instead of trying to win them over by convincing them that GOP values and policies are better for them in the long run. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
That will be true if the GOP continues to demonize immigrants instead of trying to win them over by convincing them that GOP values and policies are better for them in the long run.

Good grief.   

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

It's comments like that, that make me realize why we don't have border security and why we are on the brink of losing our sovereignty!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline bilo

Yes time will tell.  What is very clear is that the Senate under the leadership of Mitch McConnell is not on the same page as Trump as far as border security goes.  Did Chuckie get to him?  IMHO our only hope is that we will have a wider majority in the Senate but unfortunately the leadership won't change.  McConnell needs to go.  Same leadership same outcome.

You are 100% correct.  IF DACA is allowed to continue, and amnesty is granted there will not be another GOP seated.  The very bad news is that a judge has ordered that all those that were not allowed asylum be returned to the U.S.!!

The judge will be overturned in short order.

What won't get overturned are laws passed by Congress and signed by Trump legalizing illegals. Right now, I think that's whats coming next.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It's comments like that, that make me realize why we don't have border security and why we are on the brink of losing our sovereignty!

It's also that kind of comment and mentality by GOP leadership and the RNC that have us in the position we're in now.

No matter how much we kiss the @ss of the illegals...they're not going to vote GOP...support Republican candidates or vote for a Republican presidential nominee.

And the Dems will always...no matter how much border security we surrender...will continue to portray the GOP as racists and bigots who want to tear parents from their children.

Anyone who thinks this will workout differently the next time we try the "kinder gentler" approach to dealing with illegals is the definition of insanity.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
The judge will be overturned in short order.

What won't get overturned are laws passed by Congress and signed by Trump legalizing illegals. Right now, I think that's whats coming next.

Trump will grant blanket amnesty is what you are saying.  Not understanding why you think that the judges order will be overturned.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

He's also the one overseeing the Flynn case that falsely accused the General of treason.

I read the guys bio.  He's never lived worked or gone to school outside the District.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
It's also that kind of comment and mentality by GOP leadership and the RNC that have us in the position we're in now.

No matter how much we kiss the @ss of the illegals...they're not going to vote GOP...support Republican candidates or vote for a Republican presidential nominee.

And the Dems will always...no matter how much border security we surrender...will continue to portray the GOP as racists and bigots who want to tear parents from their children.

Anyone who thinks this will workout differently the next time we try the "kinder gentler" approach to dealing with illegals is the definition of insanity.

:amen:  Either political insanity or political suicide.  Outcome will be the same.

Offline bilo

Trump will grant blanket amnesty is what you are saying.  Not understanding why you think that the judges order will be overturned.

https://www.redstate.com/streiff/2018/12/19/breaking.-major-overhaul-asylum-rules-thrown-federal-judge

This is a pretty good explanation.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
https://www.redstate.com/streiff/2018/12/19/breaking.-major-overhaul-asylum-rules-thrown-federal-judge

This is a pretty good explanation.

What I stated is that the judge has ordered a reversal of Trumps directive to NOT grant asylum -- the judge has ordered that those seeking asylum be returned.

That ruling by the judge isn't going to be overturned.

Offline bilo

What I stated is that the judge has ordered a reversal of Trumps directive to NOT grant asylum -- the judge has ordered that those seeking asylum be returned.

That ruling by the judge isn't going to be overturned.

Hang in there this will be overturned.

What I'm reading is it's believed Trump will order the Army to build the wall for national security reasons. We will see.

If Trump doesn't get the wall built after surrendering on the shut down he's going to be a 1 term President.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Hang in there this will be overturned.

What I'm reading is it's believed Trump will order the Army to build the wall for national security reasons. We will see.

If Trump doesn't get the wall built after surrendering on the shut down he's going to be a 1 term President.

That's been discussed in here.  For one, there are some that believe that Trump does not have the authority to use funds from the Army in order for them to build the wall.

Trump will be a one term president if he doesn't build the wall, that's a given. 

What I have been concerned about for quite some time is how Trump will proceed going forward with a DEM House.  We could very easily see the NY liberalism that has been entrenched in his life for so long.

Saying something to get elected is one thing and actually intending to follow through is quite another.  IMHO, he should have used the power afforded him to erect the wall days or weeks after he was sworn in, instead of waiting till the last minute to cry wolf.

He brought in the media and announced that he was proud to shut down the government for border security.  Obviously now the Senate isn't with him on this and yes, it doesn't appear that he has the support that he led us to believe he had from the Senate.  Things aren't looking very favorable.

The DEMS know that they don't have to budge.  The House holds the purse strings and the House in just a few short weeks will control the House.  Game over.

Offline Absalom

Good grief.
------------------------------
Sanguine,
Apparently you were not informed that the republicrats adopted a new fighting slogan:
"Piety and sanctimony give us hearts; principles and values give us heartburn."

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
This is where we disagree.  Trump has only made the matter worse with rhetoric and no action.  Illegal immigration numbers have soared since Trump took office.  The best thing he did was child separation and then he folded and the flood gates opened.  So even last month with all the razor wire and troops immigrants continued to pour in.  The lady  with the children and tear gas........in the United States with her 5 children.  They are still getting in illegally.  They are processing Asylum requests and letting them in.

Holding them back?  I don't think so.

And to make matters worse he just promised to give Mexico and Central America two times the amount he was requesting for the border wall.  Money is easily given away to other countries but we can't even support our own country.  I have a suggestion.  How about we give Americans who raise illegal immigrant families 10 billion.  Yeah, repay us for the illegal taxation.

@Chosen Daughter -- you had posted this earlier today and you are correct.  He is no longer holding 'them' back and he has caved on the wall.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Trump is so masterful at deal making.  I like the way he plays so coy and hard to get.  "I won't sign a bad bill if it don't have wall funding? [later] OK.  Just this once but not next time.  [later] OK.  Just this once but not next time.  [later] OK.  Just this once but not next time.  [later] OK.  Just this once but not next time."  He still has some people fooled he's down with the cause. :lubyou: 

Even if he only gets $4B...we could see him writing a personal check for the difference.

The Coup de grace.   :laugh:

:laughingdog:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Did they say, Iran got $150 billion in that deal with Obama? And we need only $12 billion to build the wall? Some people feel the need to build the wall so badly, I don't know if it's impact would be that great. We need border enforcement but the problem with that, is the wall is a bit of a symbol and permanent. If the Democrats come back into full power, border security certainly would wain.

How do you demonize an invading horde of rapists, murderers, gangs, drug dealers, pimps, and some, I suppose, are very nice people?  Have you forgotten how ILLEGALS spread disease while infesting our hospitals, commit crimes while clogging our prisons, and collect welfare while stealing our American jobs?  You may feel secure in an America where I have to press 1 for English, but I'm not. /sarcasm
 *who knows* It's scary how easy that is.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Yeah, that amnesty really worked well in the deep red blue state of California.

But the truth is, Trump did well with Hispanics relatively speaking, better than Romney did, better than most GOP Republican candidates did.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
How do you demonize an invading horde of rapists, murderers, gangs, drug dealers, pimps, and some, I suppose, are very nice people?  Have you forgotten how ILLEGALS spread disease while infesting our hospitals, commit crimes while clogging our prisons, and collect welfare while stealing our American jobs?  You may feel secure in an America where I have to press 1 for English, but I'm not. /sarcasm
 *who knows* It's scary how easy that is.

This!!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
You may feel secure in an America where I have to press 1 for English, but I'm not.

Now, you can press 1 to thank Trump.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/421915-new-trump-campaign-ad-asks-supporters-to-call-1-800-hotline-to-thank-him
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.