Author Topic: Lindsey Graham: ‘Obama-Like Move’ for Trump to Withdraw Troops from Syria  (Read 1135 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
19 Dec 2018

Wednesday, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) told reporters President Donald Trump’s decision to withdraw U.S. forces from Syria is an “Obama-like move.”

Graham said, “In my view, ISIS is not defeated in Syria and Iraq. If you are tired of fighting radical Islam, I understand it. They are not tired of fighting you, and if you don’t get that you are making a huge mistake.”

He added, “If this decision is a withdrawal of all of our forces from Syria now, we are dramatically less safe. This is an Obama-like move.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/12/19/lindsey-graham-obama-like-move-for-trump-to-withdraw-troops-from-syria/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

I certainly think and would hope that he would be making this move on the advice of his military advisors and generals.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

I've not heard what the endgame is. What the goals are. Without that the rest seems like noise.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Russia is happy.  Gets the U.S out of the way for Iran.  Lindsey is throwing a fit.  He likes Iran in Yemen but not in Syria.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

Russia is happy.  Gets the U.S out of the way for Iran.  Lindsey is throwing a fit.  He likes Iran in Yemen but not in Syria.

Just what I had feared with Trump; it appears now that the DEMS have control of the House we're going to see a more left leaning Trump.  McConnell will return to being the incompetent leader of the Senate allowing Chuckie to run things and Trump will yield to Pelosi. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Good that Graham, Rubio, Sasse, Joni Ernst, Angus King are all coming out against this move.  I saw a letter they, without Sasse, wrote about this and Graham wants to have hearings. Sasse came out with his own statement, check his twitter.

The left leaning RINOs like Cruz who voted 2 times for Planned Parenthood are saying nothing so far that I've seen.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

He likes Iran in Yemen but not in Syria.

Absolutely nonsense. What can one mean, he likes Iran in Yemen? Only if he likes the war there in Yemen. At least, Lindsay had some sense, to come out against the Saudi Prince.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Just what I had feared with Trump; it appears now that the DEMS have control of the House we're going to see a more left leaning Trump.  McConnell will return to being the incompetent leader of the Senate allowing Chuckie to run things and Trump will yield to Pelosi.

That was my prediction too about a week ago.  That he would be more liberal.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Absolutely nonsense. What can one mean, he likes Iran in Yemen? Only if he likes the war there in Yemen. At least, Lindsay had some sense, to come out against the Saudi Prince.

If it means holding back arms sales to Saudi Arabia it means helping Iran in Yemen. 

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.facebook.com/16307558831/posts/10156929294258832/

DO NOT DO THIS, MR. PRESIDENT!
Mark Levin

The president has been bold and steadfast in dealing with Iran, our sworn enemy. Iran has slaughtered American troops, it is the largest state-sponsor of Islamic terrorism around the world, it threatens the United States with long-range nuclear missiles (which it seeks to acquire), it is attempting to devour Iraq, Yemen, parts of Syria, destabilize Saudi Arabia and even Egypt, and prepares for all-out war with Israel. Iran's terrorist regime seeks to build a caliphate in the Middle East and beyond.

The president has understood this. Yet, the stunning announced decision by the administration this morning, to immediately withdraw what amounts to 2,000 American personnel from Syria, will result in Iran, along with Hezbollah and their sponsor Russia, filling the void and surrendering a significant and important region of the world to our enemies.

This is a very, very bad idea. The fact is that the administration's decision to drop the Iran deal and re-impose sanctions on Iran has had an enormously beneficial effect; it has begun to weaken Iran's economy and undermine support for the Islamic-fascist regime. But a decision now to leave Syria altogether undermines what has been a brilliant and effective policy up to this point. Syria is not Afghanistan, where we have had tens of thousands of troops and significant casualties over a fifteen year period. The U.S. has been very successful in a precisely limited and skillfully executed operation in Syria. To abandon it now is an extremely unwise act, even a provocative act, which will emboldened Iran, Hezbollah, and Russian.

I would strongly discourage the president from abandoning what has been a significant and crucial achievement up to now and seriously rethink the apparent decision.

It's in America's national security interest to hold fast.

Disclaimer ~ Levin was a NT like 6 months ago.  Don't worry.  Trump is still God!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 09:37:00 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Chosen Daughter

https://www.facebook.com/16307558831/posts/10156929294258832/

DO NOT DO THIS, MR. PRESIDENT!

The president has been bold and steadfast in dealing with Iran, our sworn enemy. Iran has slaughtered American troops, it is the largest state-sponsor of Islamic terrorism around the world, it threatens the United States with long-range nuclear missiles (which it seeks to acquire), it is attempting to devour Iraq, Yemen, parts of Syria, destabilize Saudi Arabia and even Egypt, and prepares for all-out war with Israel. Iran's terrorist regime seeks to build a caliphate in the Middle East and beyond.

The president has understood this. Yet, the stunning announced decision by the administration this morning, to immediately withdraw what amounts to 2,000 American personnel from Syria, will result in Iran, along with Hezbollah and their sponsor Russia, filling the void and surrendering a significant and important region of the world to our enemies.

This is a very, very bad idea. The fact is that the administration's decision to drop the Iran deal and re-impose sanctions on Iran has had an enormously beneficial effect; it has begun to weaken Iran's economy and undermine support for the Islamic-fascist regime. But a decision now to leave Syria altogether undermines what has been a brilliant and effective policy up to this point. Syria is not Afghanistan, where we have had tens of thousands of troops and significant casualties over a fifteen year period. The U.S. has been very successful in a precisely limited and skillfully executed operation in Syria. To abandon it now is an extremely unwise act, even a provocative act, which will emboldened Iran, Hezbollah, and Russian.

I would strongly discourage the president from abandoning what has been a significant and crucial achievement up to now and seriously rethink the apparent decision.

It's in America's national security interest to hold fast.

Disclaimer ~ Levin was a NT like 6 months ago.  Don't worry.  Trump is still God!

Is this Mike Pompeo who is directing this?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Is this Mike Pompeo who is directing this?
Sorry Mark Levin - radio host.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
19 Dec 2018

Wednesday, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) told reporters President Donald Trump’s decision to withdraw U.S. forces from Syria is an “Obama-like move.”

Graham said, “In my view, ISIS is not defeated in Syria and Iraq. If you are tired of fighting radical Islam, I understand it. They are not tired of fighting you, and if you don’t get that you are making a huge mistake.”

He added, “If this decision is a withdrawal of all of our forces from Syria now, we are dramatically less safe. This is an Obama-like move.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/12/19/lindsey-graham-obama-like-move-for-trump-to-withdraw-troops-from-syria/

Lady Lindsey is just eaten UP with the dumbass.

This is NOT the 18th century,folks. The best way to defeat these people is to seize their funding. Cut off their funding,cut off the heads of their leaders,and the rest of them all walk home. Sending conventional combat units to do land battle with them on their home turf not only costs the unnecessary lives on US troops,it's stupid.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Donald J. Trump
Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump 

Does the USA want to be the Policeman of the Middle East, getting NOTHING but spending precious lives and trillions of dollars protecting others who, in almost all cases, do not appreciate what we are doing? Do we want to be there forever? Time for others to finally fight.....

....Russia, Iran, Syria & many others are not happy about the U.S. leaving, despite what the Fake News says, because now they will have to fight ISIS and others, who they hate, without us. I am building by far the most powerful military in the world. ISIS hits us they are doomed!

3:56 AM - 20 Dec 2018

4:16 AM - 20 Dec 2018

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1075721703421042688?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1075726666574544896?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet