Author Topic: Uh oh. Stoneman Douglas votes “overwhelmingly” for arming trained teachers  (Read 1210 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Uh oh. Stoneman Douglas votes “overwhelmingly” for arming trained teachers

Jazz ShawPosted at 6:41 pm on December 17, 2018

This story actually popped up last week but somehow got lost in my inbox for a while. Down in Florida, in the school district where the horrific shooting took place at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, the Stoneman Douglas Commission finally sat down to take a vote on one of many measures being considered to provide additional security for students and teachers in the event of future mass shooting attempts. The subject at hand was the concept of arming teachers who volunteer to undergo rigorous training and carry firearms at work.

Given the outrage expressed over the idea by many student activists and virtually everyone in the media, you might think this plan would never get off the ground. But it went the opposite way, with all but one of the commissioners voting in favor of the proposal. (CBS Miami)

more
https://hotair.com/archives/2018/12/17/uh-oh-stoneman-douglas-votes-overwhelmingly-arming-trained-teachers/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Has Attention Hogg weighed in?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline rustynail

Wait! They 'found' some more votes.

Offline The_Reader_David

There was an interview on NPR with one of the commissioners, who identified herself as a liberal Democrat, said she had been inclined to be opposed, but voted in favor.  She said the audio of the 911 calls convinced her.  She didn't use the old "when seconds matter, the cops are minutes away" saying, but that was the content of her remarks.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online mountaineer

I'll take a look at Twitter.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I'm curious too, about what Piggy Pencil Arms has to say about this....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Commission Chair Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri said the shooting at MSD proved to him that selected teachers who undergo background checks and extensive training can stop a school shooter.

Gualtieri points to the fact that confessed shooter Nikolas Cruz stopped and reloaded his weapon numerous times as evidence that a teacher with a gun could have possibly prevented some of the bloodshed. Commissioner Ryan Petty, whose daughter Alaina died in the shooting, said he supports the idea of recommending to the Florida legislature the idea of arming willing, trained teachers.

“I can’t get out of my head the visual of those teachers huddled in those classrooms at MSD with no ability to protect themselves or those students,” Petty told CBS4 News.

Good thing Sheriff Israel of Coward County wasn't on that commission.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

To bad his fellow-traveler AOC is taking a break or she could open her big yap with her ignorant opinion.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Wingnut

To bad his fellow-traveler AOC is taking a break or she could open her big yap with her ignorant opinion.

She is taking time off to "find herself"!  How 60's of her!   

Online mountaineer

Because he's the go-to guy on all things leftwing, here's his latest tweet - on immigration.
David Hogg   Verified account @davidhogg111
16h16 hours ago

I just found Coloring Without Borders and it’s pretty much the perfect last minute gift if anyone is looking.

Kids love it, and 100% of proceeds go directly to supporting the reunification families via @fams2gether

You can get one at http://coloringwithoutborders.org
Yeah, thanks for the advice, doofus.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Because he's the go-to guy on all things leftwing, here's his latest tweet - on immigration.

Yeah, thanks for the advice, doofus.

What a bullshit book.  The pictures are already colored in, so it's not even technically a "coloring book."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online mountaineer

What a bullshit book.  The pictures are already colored in, so it's not even technically a "coloring book."
Probably right at li'l Hogg's skill level,  then.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Probably right at li'l Hogg's skill level,  then.

pointing-up
I will NOT comply.