Author Topic: In a first, transgender woman competes in Miss Universe competition  (Read 569 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
In a first, transgender woman competes in Miss Universe competition

Miss Spain Angela Ponce competes during the final round of the Miss Universe pageant in Bangkok, Thailand, December 17, 2018.Athit Perawongmetha / Reuters
Dec. 17, 2018 / 9:47 AM CST
By Tim Fitzsimons

While she didn’t win the crown, Angela Ponce broke barriers on Monday in the 67th Miss Universe pageant. The 27-year-old Spanish beauty became the first transgender woman to ever participate in the international competition.

“I never imagined (I would make it to Miss Universe) because I lived in a society where everyone said I couldn’t do that,” Ponce told NBC’s "Today" through a translator. “And I didn’t have the information to realize that my dream to be a woman could ever actually be realized.”

Miss Spain Angela Ponce visits the Government House in Bangkok, Thailand, with other Miss Universe contestants on Dec. 11, 2018.Narong Sangnak / AP

Prior to this week’s pageant in Bangkok, Thailand, Ponce beat 20 other contestants in June to be crowned Miss Universe Spain. In the final competition, however, she did not make it to the final round.

Catriona Gray, a 24-year-old model from the Philippines, came in first place Monday, with Miss South Africa and Miss Venezuela coming in second and third, respectively. This is the fourth win for the Philippines which previously took the crown in 2015, 1973 and 1969.

© 2018 NBC UNIVERSAL

Read more at: https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/first-transgender-woman-competes-miss-universe-competition-n948791

Not quite an hour-glass figure no matter how much they might try.    It's time to stop having this competition, it's been all about flesh and such for the most part.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 10:39:10 pm by TomSea »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: In a first, transgender woman competes in Miss Universe competition
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 10:37:54 pm »
“Having a vagina does not make me a woman. I am a woman and already was before my birth,” Ponce exclaimed. Pointing to her head and then her midsection. Ponce added, “Because my identity is here, not down there. This determines my being a woman.”
Ponce insists that being a woman is only a state of mind and not a matter of actual, physical attributes.

Despite these claims that being a woman is only in one’s mind, Ponce did complete the physical transformation into becoming a woman by completing a major sex change surgery in 2014, a Miss Universe bio page reports.

Even though Ponce did not come anywhere near winning the pageant, Miss Universe officials did produce a special feature for the transgender contestant in a segment entitled “a walk to remember.”

Mental illness supported and encouraged by the "woke"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 10:47:22 pm »
Must be awesome to declare yourself whatever you wish to be and tell society to prostrate themselves at your feet.
The Republic is lost.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 10:55:22 pm »
Quite a few pictures on the internet.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 11:05:11 pm »
Quite a few pictures on the internet.

They are of a man.  Not a women.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.