Author Topic: Dems promise quick action on gun control in January  (Read 690 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dems promise quick action on gun control in January
« on: December 17, 2018, 03:06:16 pm »
December 17, 2018
Dems promise quick action on gun control in January
By Rick Moran

"Commonsense" gun control laws. Every time I see that phrase I have to resist the impulse to giggle. Invariably, "commonsense" is shorthand for "nonsense" - especially when the "commonsense" gun control measure is universal registration.

Democrats will utilize their new found majority in the House to quickly pass gun control legislation, according to their leadership. But don't worry. It's "commonsense" and will prevent criminals from using guns in crimes.

If you believe that, I've got a lovely bridge over the Chicago River I'd like to sell you.

Politico:

With backing from House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and key chairmen, Democrats will move to require federal background checks on all gun sales, part of a broader effort by the party to advance long-stalled gun control measures.

While the proposal won't get through the Republican-run Senate, much less become law, getting through the House will be a win for the gun-control movement, which has little to cheer about since President Donald Trump was sworn into office.

Rep. Mike Thompson (Calif.) — head of a Democratic “gun violence prevention task force” that will have more than 140 members next year — says he’ll introduce the universal background checks bill early next year.

“It will be strong legislation to expand background checks, and I will have a very respectful show of [co-sponors],” Thompson said in an interview. “I think you will see it happen in the first 100 days.”

“The new Democratic majority will act boldly and decisively to pass commonsense, life-saving background checks that are overwhelmingly supported by the American people,” Pelosi said in a statement.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/12/dems_promise_quick_action_on_gun_control_in_january.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Dems promise quick action on gun control in January
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 03:09:01 pm »
The gun grabbers will not be happy until we look like the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 03:18:49 pm »
While the proposal won't get through the Republican-run Senate, much less become law, getting through the House will be a win for the gun-control movement,

That's the stupidest thing I have read in awhile. This proposal is a loser by definition. It will never become law anytime soon. As a matter of fact it will become a loser when these clown Rats who won some of these seats by claiming they were GOP light have to explain this in just 2 years.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 05:04:03 pm »
The Dems think that because they're 1/2 of one branch of govt that they run the show.
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 05:12:20 pm »
The Dems think that because they're 1/2 of one branch of govt that they run the show.

They have been strutting around claiming a 'blue wave' all over the talk shows, and believing their own press clipping they'll overreach, as usual.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 05:14:24 pm »

Judging by the actions of the Republicans, they just might.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 01:47:24 am »
Consider the "assault weapons ban" passed by the democrat-communist Congress in the early Clinton era.

Then consider what happened in the elections of 1994.

Perhaps the dem-coms anti-gun efforts will turn out to be a GOOD thing...