Author Topic: Trump attacks Michael Cohen as a 'rat' and ramps up FBI criticism  (Read 924 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump attacks Michael Cohen as a 'rat' and ramps up FBI criticism
by Caitlin Yilek
 | December 16, 2018 10:58 AM

President Trump raged on Twitter Sunday morning over his former longtime lawyer Michael Cohen and treatment by the FBI in a range of probes into his activities before and during his White House tenure.

Trump attacked his former fixer, calling him a “rat,” and said the FBI raiding the one-time Trump Organization attorney’s office “was absolutely unthinkable” and “unheard of,” before the bureau began its investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

The FBI raided Cohen’s office and hotel room in New York in April, seizing business records, emails, and documents related to Trump. Cohen on Wednesday was sentenced to three years in prison for bank and tax fraud crimes, including campaign finance violations related to Trump. In the months since the raid, Cohen has turned intensely critical of his former boss.

In his tweet, Trump also questioned why the FBI never broke into the Democratic National Committee offices or those of his 2016 Democratic rival Hillary Clinton, to get servers believed by the U.S. intelligence community of having been hacked by Russia.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-attacks-michael-cohen-as-a-rat-and-ramps-up-fbi-criticism
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Trump attacks Michael Cohen as a 'rat' and ramps up FBI criticism
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 12:25:35 am »
He was a good rat for over a decade that he and Trump were business associates and friends.  Cohen changed his party to be part of the Trump team.  He was always a rat, but he was a Trump rat.

Inside the close relationship between Trump and his 'pit bull' lawyer Michael Cohen, who paid Stormy Daniels, says he'd 'take a bullet' for Trump, and was raided by the FBI

Brennan Weiss

Apr. 10, 2018, 9:03 AM

https://www.businessinsider.com/michael-cohen-history-with-trump-2018-3

Quite the relationship.  Really hard to believe that this guy was out to get Trump.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 12:53:42 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online corbe

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 02:46:44 am »
   'Rat Cohen' just doesn't have the same zing as corrupt Hillary, lyin Ted, little Marco or low energy Jeb. I like complicit Cohen or perhaps Mad Micheal.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 02:52:24 am »
   'Rat Cohen' just doesn't have the same zing as corrupt Hillary, lyin Ted, little Marco or low energy Jeb. I like complicit Cohen or perhaps Mad Micheal.

I don't think rat has a zing because they were both rats.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 11:41:35 am »

Andy McCarthy
✔
@AndrewCMcCarthy

Sir, in mobster lingo, a ‘rat’ is a witness who tells prosecutors real incriminating info. Perhaps a different word? Searches of lawyer’s offices common enough that DOJ has a procedure for them. Here it yielded evidence of crimes you said he should be jailed for. You should stop.

11:47 AM - Dec 16, 2018
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 03:21:21 pm »
Andy McCarthy
✔
@AndrewCMcCarthy

Sir, in mobster lingo, a ‘rat’ is a witness who tells prosecutors real incriminating info. Perhaps a different word? Searches of lawyer’s offices common enough that DOJ has a procedure for them. Here it yielded evidence of crimes you said he should be jailed for. You should stop.

11:47 AM - Dec 16, 2018

Oh, that's true.  I was thinking Demorat.  But aren't they all mobsters?

Offline edpc

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 03:37:07 pm »
Oh, that's true.  I was thinking Demorat.  But aren't they all mobsters?

More importantly, McCarthy has been very critical of the Mueller probe, from the outset. As we have learned more from plea deals and court filings, his overall view has evolved, somewhat.

https://www.redstate.com/patterico/2017/10/08/andrew-c-mccarthy-hmmm-maybe-something-russia-investigation/

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 05:50:29 am »

More importantly, McCarthy has been very critical of the Mueller probe, from the outset. As we have learned more from plea deals and court filings, his overall view has evolved, somewhat.

https://www.redstate.com/patterico/2017/10/08/andrew-c-mccarthy-hmmm-maybe-something-russia-investigation/

Interesting.  Wonder how many will eventually change their tune?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2018, 06:09:07 am »
Interesting.  Wonder how many will eventually change their tune?

What's interesting about it? McCarthy posits a theory why Trump hasn't declassified everything. Know what a better theory is? Trump his holding on to that till the Rats gin up the investigations to 11 next year and he needs to shut them down. It's is best arrow in his quiver right now to eff these idiots up. Why wast it.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2018, 06:17:31 am »
What's interesting about it? McCarthy posits a theory why Trump hasn't declassified everything. Know what a better theory is? Trump his holding on to that till the Rats gin up the investigations to 11 next year and he needs to shut them down. It's is best arrow in his quiver right now to eff these idiots up. Why wast it.

Well I hope we get there soon.  It will definitely be a show to tune into.

Offline edpc

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 08:44:03 am »

It’s a ridiculous theory that does nothing to change the current plea deals and convictions that have led to cooperation against him and others that may be implicated.

Offline DB

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2018, 09:41:53 am »
To call someone a rat means they spilled the beans, that is, they had beans to spill.

Another stupid move by Trump. It only confirms that Trump has things to hide. All to assuage his ego.

Smart politicians deny, deny, deny and offer no acknowledgements of wrong doing ever... You would have thought he would have learned something from his friends the Clintons over the years.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2018, 01:51:30 pm »
To call someone a rat means they spilled the beans, that is, they had beans to spill.

Another stupid move by Trump. It only confirms that Trump has things to hide. All to assuage his ego.

Smart politicians deny, deny, deny and offer no acknowledgements of wrong doing ever... You would have thought he would have learned something from his friends the Clintons over the years.

The more Trump carries on about these investigations, the more guilty he appears of something  If he would just keep his big yap shut and refrain from the constant tweets and childish name calling, he wouldn't be focusing so much of the investigations' interest in him and his alleged activities.  Trump is just playing into their hands.

He supposedly has a team of legal advisors -- you would think Giuliani and the rest of them would advise Trump to shut up about the investigations.  Or maybe they have and Trump ignores them, just as I'm sure he ignores the advice of others in his administration. 

Offline edpc

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2018, 02:02:24 pm »
The more Trump carries on about these investigations, the more guilty he appears of something  If he would just keep his big yap shut and refrain from the constant tweets and childish name calling, he wouldn't be focusing so much of the investigations' interest in him and his alleged activities.  Trump is just playing into their hands.

He supposedly has a team of legal advisors -- you would think Giuliani and the rest of them would advise Trump to shut up about the investigations.  Or maybe they have and Trump ignores them, just as I'm sure he ignores the advice of others in his administration.

Because he fights.......for air. Like a petulant child, having a tantrum.