Author Topic: Bill: Lawmakers Must Pay Sexual Misconduct Settlements Out-of-Pocket  (Read 505 times)

rangerrebew

Bill: Lawmakers Must Pay Sexual Misconduct Settlements Out-of-Pocket

Al Franken, John Conyers

Democrats who are hoping that President Donald Trump will face harsh repercussions for paying settlements to women who allege relationships with him passed legislation on Thursday that requires them to make payments for sexual harassment with their own money.

Current law addressing sexual misconduct that was put in place in 1995 — ironically when Bill Clinton was in the White House — requires an accuser to get counseling, wait 30 days, and allowed accused lawmakers to use a slush fund of taxpayer money to pay off their accusers.

The Huffington Post reported:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/12/15/bill-lawmakers-must-pay-sexual-misconduct-settlements-out-of-pocket/

rangerrebew

Re: Bill: Lawmakers Must Pay Sexual Misconduct Settlements Out-of-Pocket
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 01:16:12 pm »
This is all smoke and mirrors.  Even IF it does pass, it won't be enforced.  :nono:

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 01:30:07 pm »
@rangerrebew

You posted, "allowed accused lawmakers to use a slush fund of taxpayer money to pay off their accusers."

How does a "slush fund of taxpayer money" come about?  The taxpayer puts a note on their income tax to put the money in a slush fund to pay for sexual charges against a Democrat or Republican (choose one).

I have to pay taxes every year - I don't want my money in a slush fund - could you be sure that doesn't happen to my money?

And, I am tired of paying for Air Force One to fly "him" to states every week so he can win next time.  Until January, send him on this:  7777sleigh

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 01:48:45 pm »
So basically the Rats are admitting Trump didn't do anything wrong but what they have been doing for 23 looks really bad. What a shock.

BTW they may change the avenues to getting cash to these victims, but they will allow other way to secretly pay them off.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 02:02:17 pm »
So basically the Rats are admitting Trump didn't do anything wrong but what they have been doing for 23 looks really bad. What a shock.

BTW they may change the avenues to getting cash to these victims, but they will allow other way to secretly pay them off.

I'm thinking something with a tax advantage like a 401k or HSA. It wouldn't be fair for them to have to pay for their daliances post tax.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 01:55:50 am »
"Amb. Frank Cannon" ?????

Hey, that sounds official !!!