Author Topic: Israel booms with babies as developed world’s birth rates plummet. Here’s why.  (Read 995 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Israel booms with babies as developed world’s birth rates plummet. Here’s why.
The Christian Science Monitor

Why We Wrote This

Israel is not the only developed county to subsidize parenthood, so why is its birthrate an outlier? The centrality of the family is one reason, as are tribalism, nationalism, and the fulfillment of a historic imperative.

Israel is having a baby boom, and now has the highest per capita rate of population growth in the developed world. Families here have an average of 3.1 children, compared with 1.7 in other developed countries. At this rate Israel’s population, which currently numbers 8.7 million, could soar to 15 million by 2050. What makes fertility distinctive here is a unique combination of societal messages and policies. Foremost is a lingering post-Holocaust imperative to replace the 6 million who were murdered, but the list also includes fears of Arab demographic dominance and of the next impending war, and economic incentives from the government that include bankrolling fertility treatments. Alon Tal, a professor of public policy at Tel Aviv University, has been sounding a warning about Israel’s exponential population growth, which he says has already made it the most crowded country in the developed world. But Orna Donath, a sociologist who researches motherhood, says the trend has deep roots. Driving it, she says, “is the collective fear of annihilation. It continues to haunt us, and children are seen as symbolizing a continuance of life, of survival.”

TEL AVIV

At the entrance of an event called BabyLand, expectant mothers and their partners – along with tired-looking, newly minted parents – lined up to receive bulging bags of free baby products.

Over the course of the three-day event, 50,000 people paraded through the balloon-festooned convention center, some pushing strollers occupied by two or three young children.

Read more at: https://www.csmonitor.com/World/Middle-East/2018/1214/Israel-booms-with-babies-as-developed-world-s-birth-rates-plummet.-Here-s-why

Even Mexico has come down to something like an average of 2.1 children a family. Check the exact figures.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 02:14:54 pm by TomSea »

Offline RoosGirl

That's because Israeli men are still virile.

Versus the EuroAmeri Weenies we have now.

Offline Victoria33

@TomSea
@mystery-ak

Dear Tom,
I teach a Bible class and we are finishing, "The Revelation to John".
This has caused me to spend time looking at maps of Israel/Iraq/Iran/Syria/Turkey/Lebanon/Egypt, and the rest of the world.  I am giving each one in the class a world map on a rubber ball and a world map I put together on two sheets of paper.  That rubber ball of the world clearly shows how large the world is compared to Israel.

Why did I do this?  When one compares the nation of Israel with the rest of the world, it is tiny, so tiny one can hardly find it on a map, if it was even put on there. I want them to understand the magnitude of the world compared to Israel.

In my opinion, due to my study over many years, I believe what happens to Israel determines what happens to the rest of the world.  I believe their having more children gives them a feeling of permanence - that they will stay in this world no matter how small their terrority is and no matter how large the numbers of their enemies.

To those who read this, take a look at a world map to refresh yourself how small Israel is to the rest of the world.  Send me a PM if you are interested in the world on a rubber ball, about 4 inches circumference.  It is neat, and neat for kids to have one.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 02:51:31 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
@Victoria33

I have seen hand exercisers that appear to look like a globe... similar to this.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
That's because Israeli men are still virile.

Versus the EuroAmeri Weenies we have now.

Roos, I don't want to break your heart, but isn't the Israeli aiming two blow dryers at us?

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Because jewish men read the Song of Solomon?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Roos, I don't want to break your heart, but isn't the Israeli aiming two blow dryers at us?

Um, that is Adam Sandler from one of his movies.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Because jewish men read the Song of Solomon?

And, presumably Jewish women too. 

Offline Victoria33

@Victoria33

I have seen hand exercisers that appear to look like a globe... similar to this.
@TomSea

Yes, it is these world exerciser balls.

Offline RoosGirl

Don't you know you don't mess with the Zohan?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Don't you know you don't mess with the Zohan?

Oh, a movie.  No, I wasn't aware of that one. 

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Oh, a movie.  No, I wasn't aware of that one.

I couldn’t think of the title

Offline RoosGirl

Stupidfunny, like most Adam Sandler stuff is.

Offline Frank Cannon

This article is total bullshit. The real reason the birth rates are high in Israel is because they are all high. It is one of the biggest pot smoking countries in the world because at any moment a filthy rag head is going to blow them up. The other reason is that they have women who are A) Hot and B) want to bang. I know some Israelis and people who have gone there. It is supposedly a fun place to have a good time.

https://nypost.com/2013/06/04/israeli-military-gals-in-hot-water-for-raunchy-photos/

Offline RoosGirl

This article is total bullshit. The real reason the birth rates are high in Israel is because they are all high. It is one of the biggest pot smoking countries in the world because at any moment a filthy rag head is going to blow them up. The other reason is that they have women who are A) Hot and B) want to bang. I know some Israelis and people who have gone there. It is supposedly a fun place to have a good time.

https://nypost.com/2013/06/04/israeli-military-gals-in-hot-water-for-raunchy-photos/

I think I know that girl on the right.