Author Topic: Mueller Is Fighting a Witness in Court. Who Is It?  (Read 394 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Mueller Is Fighting a Witness in Court. Who Is It?
« on: December 16, 2018, 10:08:11 pm »
 :pondering:

By Michael S. Schmidt

Dec. 15, 2018

WASHINGTON — For the past several months, journalists, legal experts and close followers of the special counsel’s investigation have been trying to uncover one particular secret about the inquiry: Is the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, in a closed-door legal battle? If so, with whom?

In October, Politico reported that Mr. Mueller appeared to be in a secret fight with a witness who was refusing to testify before a grand jury investigating Russia’s efforts to interfere in the 2016 election. A CNN journalist reported seeing two of Mr. Mueller’s top prosecutors enter a courtroom in September to argue against lawyers for an unnamed client before a judge who deals with grand jury matters.

A confidential hearing in the dispute was held on Friday at the federal courthouse in Washington. One floor of the building was closed to protect the identities of the lawyers involved. But that failed to deter roughly a dozen reporters who were spotted rummaging around the courthouse trying to figure out who was involved.

Here is what we know, and do not know, about the battle:

What exactly is this fight about?

Does this dispute involve President Trump?

What do the investigators want to ask about?

Will we ever learn who the person is?

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Mueller Is Fighting a Witness in Court. Who Is It?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 10:42:13 pm »
@The Ghost Linky for the article?

I found this related article from Polutico, via StartPage search:

Special counsel Robert Mueller appeared to be locked in a subpoena battle with a recalcitrant witness Friday in a sealed federal appeals courtroom, the latest development in a mystery case that has piqued the curiosity of Mueller-obsessives and scoop-hungry journalists.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/14/mystery-mueller-subpoena-fight-1065409
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.