Author Topic: This photo should open your eyes to American sins in Yemen [Editorial]  (Read 414 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
By the Editorial Board of the (?) Houston Chronicle apparently.

This photo should open your eyes to American sins in Yemen [Editorial]
By The Editorial Board Updated 12:46 am CST, Sunday, December 16, 2018

If the gruesome bone-saw murder of Jamal Khashoggi opened America’s eyes to Saudi cruelty, the tiny bones of Amal Hussain should make us face our own.

Those barely alive bones - arms thin as violin bows, ribs still as silent strings - are draped in skin no thicker than silk. Only the profile of her face - the roundness of her cheek, the trickle of her reddish hair -- reminds us that Amal is a little girl. That she once smiled - “always,” her mom said. Amal is, for the moment captured in the photograph, alive -- though her resigned eyes whisper not for long.

our own.

Those barely alive bones - arms thin as violin bows, ribs still as silent strings - are draped in skin no thicker than silk. Only the profile of her face - the roundness of her cheek, the trickle of her reddish hair -- reminds us that Amal is a little girl. That she once smiled - “always,” her mom said. Amal is, for the moment captured in the photograph, alive -- though her resigned eyes whisper not for long.

The 7-year-old Yemeni girl, photographed in October by The New York Times’ Tyler Hicks, is an image of suffering that may border on profane to the coddled American eye. We may reflexively avert our eyes. But we Americans must look at what our support of the Saudi-led war in Yemen has wrought.

Read more at: https://www.chron.com/opinion/editorials/article/This-photo-American-sins-Yemen-13469567.php

I think they are on the right track but I am the first to admit, I don't have the facts of what the situation is on the ground.

What I do think, to those who say, support Saudi Arabia despite what happened to Khashoggi, he's Muslim Brotherhood or whatever, is Trump has had a fairly clean slate per foreign policy, we don't need foul ups.  I don't know the truth, hopefully, some of our Senators can get at the matter. And again, as Rubio has said, it's not to shatter the relationship but it is to have a more sound policy. Look up his words. I posted them in the past.

Oceander

Re: This photo should open your eyes to American sins in Yemen [Editorial]
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 05:12:11 am »
“American Sins in Yemen” takes the point too far.  American sins aren’t responsible for her condition.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: This photo should open your eyes to American sins in Yemen [Editorial]
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 05:40:31 am »
“American Sins in Yemen” takes the point too far.  American sins aren’t responsible for her condition.

Yeah, this "American bombs" bullshit is dreck.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: