Author Topic: Joy Reid's Racial Test: Democrats 'Can't Run Two White Guys' in 2020  (Read 255 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Joy Reid's Racial Test: Democrats 'Can't Run Two White Guys' in 2020

By Mark Finkelstein | December 16, 2018 1:15 PM EST
Live by identity politics, die by identity politics . . .

Markers are already being laid down along racial and gender lines that could restrict Dem options for assembling a 2020 ticket. On Joy Reid's MSNBC show this morning, guest Jason Johnson warned:

JASON JOHNSON: What's the most important constituency for Democrats in 2020? Black women. And I've heard plenty of black women say, if there's not a black woman on this ticket, I'm not voting, I'm not excited, I'm not enthusiastic." If the Democratic party wants to run seriously in 2020, they can't relegate black women to second class. They can't relegate black women a consolation prize.

Read more and see video at: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/mark-finkelstein/2018/12/16/joy-reids-racial-test-dems-cant-run-two-white-guys-2020

This is, to me, just hysterical that this kind of stuff would be said on tv.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Joy Reid's Racial Test: Democrats 'Can't Run Two White Guys' in 2020
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 07:39:42 pm »
They may be saying this so Michelle Obama gets onto the ticket, I thought I heard Kamala Harris is racially mixed and that doesn't include black heritage technically speaking.  As opposed to what someone said in the forums, I don't think people would vote for Michelle Obama unless the other part of the ticket was very dynamic.  The media has done everything for her, that's true.