Author Topic: Incoming House Oversight chair wants Cohen to testify in January  (Read 344 times)

Online corbe

Incoming House Oversight chair wants Cohen to testify in January

By CONNOR O’BRIEN
12/16/2018 12:29 PM EST

The incoming chairman of the House’s top watchdog committee said Sunday he wants Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump’s former attorney, to testify before Congress in January.

"I'm hoping that Mr. Cohen will come before the Congress, where he can tell the American public exactly what he has been saying to Mueller and others, without interfering with the Mueller investigation,” Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.), the next chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, said in an interview with CNN’s “State of the Union.” “I think the American people just voted for transparency and integrity in our hearings. They want to hear from him.”

"I certainly would like to see him come in the month of January ... before the Congress, and so that the people's representatives will have an opportunity to ask him questions," he said.

<..snip..>

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/16/michael-cohen-cummings-oversight-trump-1066780
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Re: Incoming House Oversight chair wants Cohen to testify in January
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 06:14:09 pm »
   The truly sad thing is that Cohen is gonna be around for the next 3 months, before his incarceration, giving interviews to the press and testimony to Congress regarding his 12 years as Trump's fixer.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.