Author Topic: REVEALED: The other laser eye surgery patients who have committed suicide, as questions continue ove  (Read 710 times)

rangerrebew

REVEALED: The other laser eye surgery patients who have committed suicide, as questions continue over the risk of the procedure after a beloved Fox TV meteorologist killed herself

At least three other people committed suicide after having corrective laser eye surgery
    The families of Max Cronin, Colin Dorrian and police officer Lawrence Campbell claim that all three wrote about considering suicide because of eye pain
    In 2008 the FDA held a hearing for testimony about the surgery
    But regulations have not changed despite thousands of complaints allegedly filed to the FDA 

By Natalie Rahhal Deputy Health Editor For Dailymail.com

Published: 18:30 EST, 14 December 2018 | Updated: 23:45 EST, 14 December 2018

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-6497495/The-laser-eye-surgery-patients-driven-suicide.html
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 02:27:08 pm by rangerrebew »

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I just underwent cataract surgery, which is slightly more invasive than Lasik. It was miraculous.  I know that the FDA claim that more than 95 percent of laser surgery patients are happy is true. It would be a shame if the industry was shut down by a few outliers, opportunistic attorneys and alarmist media.

I was told the risks involved in my surgery, and I signed the authorization willingly.  Surgery does not always turn out ok for everyone who has it. Why take away our right to choose for ourselves based on full disclosure?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I am calling HorseHillary on this one. It may be INCIDENTAL that some people who had laser eye surgery ALSO committed suicide,but this is like saying "people who drink coffee are likely to commit suicide" just because they had coffee with their breakfast.

I have had laser surgery on both eyes,and let me tell you,it has made a HUGE difference in the quality of my life. I also know others who have had it,and only 1 person out of the dozens I have known told me it didn't work for her. Then again,she also had cancer and it is POSSIBLE some of the cancer drugs she took may have had an effect on her vision for all I know.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I just noticed this came from The Daily Mail.

Is it possible the British use a different process than we do?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Applewood

I just noticed this came from The Daily Mail.

Is it possible the British use a different process than we do?

Since the article talks about the FDA, I just figured the article was talkin ng about Americans. 

People don't realize that there are no 100% guarantees when it comes to any surgery.  Even the most minor of surgeries can go wrong.  And I'm not just talking about surgeries performed by charlatans and butchers.  Things can go wrong with even the best surgeons. 

We also don't know whether the patients had some other underlying problems that might have caused or contributed to the failure of their surgeries.  When I went for cataract surgery, I had been told that diabetics like me, have a far greater chance of having a poor result from cataract surgery.  But I took the chance and thanks to God and a really good eye surgeon, the surgery was a success.  Some people aren't that fortunate.

I would like to know more about these people who developed such terrible eye pain before I blame the surgeons.