Author Topic: The Biggest Losers of Trump’s Presidency: His Voters  (Read 35098 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: The Biggest Losers of Trump’s Presidency: His Voters
« Reply #375 on: December 18, 2018, 11:30:56 pm »
Reagan signed abortion legislation in California.   Christians have faced severe persecution and worse beginning with the 2003 Gulf war.

All this shows, is that one can nit pick on anyone.

More voters for HRC in 2016? Yes, with California, take that out... and then...

Democrats have also won the popular vote in most presidential elections going back, 20 years or more. Didn't Gore win more of the popular vote? GOP has only won the popular vote in 2004 I believe in recent elections. This shows how difficult it has been for the GOP to win, period.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #376 on: December 18, 2018, 11:31:56 pm »

Wow, a meme. How quaint. You win the internets. Your retort makes you Pope.

You better take a hard look at the Milllenials, soon to be the biggest voting block there, and highly liberal.

They get everything they know from the internet, yet remain highly liberal. Why is that?
The Republic is lost.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #377 on: December 18, 2018, 11:32:56 pm »
You go right ahead and believe that canard. I thought the internet would change things, but the fact is the libs pretty much own it and are using it against us far more effectively that the Big 3 ever were.

Agreed, it's why any conservative voice is attacked, as is Fox news whom I am not saying are ideal.

But yes, the liberals have a lot of the tv coverage including satellite, TIME, NYT, WAPO, you are absolutely correct and it's a lot more than just saying ABC, etc.

I do agree, that conservatives have new outlets too, Rush and so on, OANN, Newsmax, etc.

Offline DB

« Reply #378 on: December 18, 2018, 11:38:42 pm »

You better take a hard look at the Milllenials, soon to be the biggest voting block there, and highly liberal.

They get everything they know from the internet, yet remain highly liberal. Why is that?

LOL!

Somehow the Internet is less free than when the 3 major networks and major papers owned the news and filtered all of it before we saw it... That's the ticket...

Face palm makes perfect sense with that claim... Just this site discussing this issue proves the falsehood of that claim. But never mind...

Just out of curiosity, did you vote for Reagan?

Offline TomSea

« Reply #379 on: December 18, 2018, 11:41:23 pm »
   I have finished reading this book and will send it to you @RoosGirl so you can include it in your Christmas package to @sneakypete.

@corbe   and in the meantime, I'll ping @sneakypete , per this article on the man of the day, General Flynn:

Former U.S. Military Official Says George W. Bush Created ISIS
In the early 2000s, America made some 'dumb' decisions, he says.
By Lauren Boyer, Social Media Editor Dec. 1, 2015, at 11:05 a.m.

Lt. General Michael Flynn isn't afraid to speak up when it comes to his views on America's handling of ISIS.

He has even gone so far as to predict another 9/11 attack.

This month, the retired Defense Intelligence Agency director sat down with German magazine Der Spiegel for an interview where he blamed the 2003 Iraq war —  and then President George W. Bush — for creating the Islamic State terrorist group.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/12/01/former-military-official-says-george-w-bush-created-isis

This shows, these debates are pretty pointless, Trump has no major foreign policy snafus and indeed, is doing very well in that category, I don't want this admin to have any Libyas, Egypts, Honduras like Obama had or the same errors as prior presidents, in fact,  I've got to wonder about Reagan some... but we've got to work with what we have.

This with Yemen (which started under Obama) and the Khashoggi affair, really highlight, I'd like Trump and company to study the situations and to end involvement in Yemen if needed. We've made enough foreign policy errors. Sometimes, such errors will happen.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 11:45:08 pm by TomSea »

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #380 on: December 18, 2018, 11:41:49 pm »
Reagan signed abortion legislation in California.   Christians have faced severe persecution and worse beginning with the 2003 Gulf war.

All this shows, is that one can nit pick on anyone.

More voters for HRC in 2016? Yes, with California, take that out... and then...

Democrats have also won the popular vote in most presidential elections going back, 20 years or more. Didn't Gore win more of the popular vote? GOP has only won the popular vote in 2004 I believe in recent elections. This shows how difficult it has been for the GOP to win, period.

Reagan also signed the first amnesty bill, people forget about that.

@TomSea

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #381 on: December 18, 2018, 11:42:01 pm »
This thread is a effing disgrace. The same people saying the same shit they have been saying for 2 years. 16 pages of it. Pointless.

I'm going to hijack this thread a ruin it. It's better than it deserves....

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #382 on: December 18, 2018, 11:43:03 pm »

Because they are 140 character attention deficit idiots. The difference between them and some of Trump’s most ardent supporters is they are 280 character attention deficit idiots.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline DB

« Reply #383 on: December 18, 2018, 11:43:18 pm »
@corbe   and in the meantime, I'll ping @sneakypete , per this article on the man of the day, General Flynn:

This shows, these debates are pretty pointless, Trump has no major foreign policy snafus and indeed, is doing very well in that category, I don't want this admin to have any Libyas, Egypts, Honduras like Obama had or the same errors as prior presidents, in fact,  I've got to wonder about Reagan some... but we've got to work with what we have.

Right. NK surrendered their nukes and we can all sleep easier at night. Oh wait...

Offline DB

« Reply #384 on: December 18, 2018, 11:45:04 pm »
Reagan also signed the first amnesty bill, people forget about that.

@TomSea

Nope. Haven't forgot. He made a deal with the Democrats and they lied. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #385 on: December 18, 2018, 11:46:05 pm »
@Amb. Frank Cannon

I know. Still waiting on an explanation of populism/nationalism being anti conservatism.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #386 on: December 18, 2018, 11:48:27 pm »

This with Yemen (which started under Obama) and the Khashoggi affair, really highlight, I'd like Trump and company to study the situations and to end involvement in Yemen if needed. We've made enough foreign policy errors. Sometimes, such errors will happen.

@TomSea

ROFLMAO! Boy Jorge never made a decision in his life. Babs was the brains and the boss of that family.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DB

« Reply #387 on: December 18, 2018, 11:50:07 pm »
@Amb. Frank Cannon

I know. Still waiting on an explanation of populism/nationalism being anti conservatism.

Populism isn't based on any particular set of principles. It can be whatever is popular at the moment. It blows with the wind and can change on a dime. What was great yesterday can be the worst today. It is how Trump can do a 180 on something in days. It is a foundation built on nothing so it soon crumbles.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #388 on: December 18, 2018, 11:50:36 pm »
Nope. Haven't forgot. He made a deal with the Democrats and they lied. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

@DB

In Reagan's defense,it was a different world back then,and he had  no reason to believe the Dims were lying to him.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DB

« Reply #389 on: December 18, 2018, 11:51:41 pm »
This thread is a effing disgrace. The same people saying the same shit they have been saying for 2 years. 16 pages of it. Pointless.

I'm going to hijack this thread a ruin it. It's better than it deserves....

That's some serious burn... I don't think an antibiotic will fix that...

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #390 on: December 18, 2018, 11:52:00 pm »
@Amb. Frank Cannon

While you are waiting, here is something for you to kill time....

Offline corbe

« Reply #391 on: December 18, 2018, 11:52:10 pm »
    @TomSea I absolutely give Trump credit for beefing up the Defense budget after 8 years of obummer depleting it AND more importantly not starting any NEW Wars as he said he wouldn't do.  We need to disengage as much as economically feasible from the ME and it appears the GOP is trying to push him in that direction (Yemen/SA), next up Crapganistan and Syria.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DB

« Reply #392 on: December 18, 2018, 11:52:33 pm »
@DB

In Reagan's defense,it was a different world back then,and he had  no reason to believe the Dims were lying to him.

What?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #393 on: December 18, 2018, 11:53:27 pm »
Yes, I actually have a written Mission Statement that basically affirms that my sole goal in life is to annoy people like you.  Think I'm doing pretty good so far, but there's always room for adjustment. More importantly, thank you for helping me toward my goal.  I have an appreciation gift I would like to send you.  It's  a Gideon's Bible I stole the last time I went on vacation  Kindly send me a PM with your email address and I will get it right off to you.  And just so you know ahead of time, postage will most likely be due upon delivery

888high58888

(btw, did he just call you a "little people" and himself a "giant?"  :silly:)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline DB

« Reply #394 on: December 18, 2018, 11:54:42 pm »
@DB

"Trust but verify..."

No one is perfect.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #395 on: December 18, 2018, 11:55:10 pm »

That’s absurd. They were at the height of their power, just a decade removed from ousting Nixon.  Television consisted of the three networks and PBS. The newspapers were all liberal and maybe they would occasionally run a ‘conservative’ column by that drip George Will. They have a stranglehold on the news and narrative. The biggest difference between then and now was the fact Reagan used his airtime to convey an actual message and had competent people to carry it out.

Aayup!

Trump ain't no Reagan, no way, no how......

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #396 on: December 18, 2018, 11:56:38 pm »
Populism isn't based on any particular set of principles. It can be whatever is popular at the moment. It blows with the wind and can change on a dime. What was great yesterday can be the worst today. It is how Trump can do a 180 on something in days. It is a foundation built on nothing so it soon crumbles.

Which is why populism is the opposite of Conservatism.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #397 on: December 18, 2018, 11:57:10 pm »
Which is why populism is the opposite of Conservatism.

It sure is.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #398 on: December 18, 2018, 11:58:33 pm »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #399 on: December 19, 2018, 12:03:43 am »
Yes, I actually have a written Mission Statement that basically affirms that my sole goal in life is to annoy people like you.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.