Author Topic: Biden advisers float Beto O’Rourke as possible 2020 running mate: report  (Read 616 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Biden advisers float Beto O’Rourke as possible 2020 running mate: report
Adam Shaw

Former Vice President Joe Biden’s advisers, with an eye on the 2020 presidential campaign, have reportedly floated Rep. Beto O’Rourke, D-Texas, as a potential running mate -- apparently to alleviate concerns about Biden’s age.

Biden, who served as President Barack Obama’s vice president for both terms, has long been mentioned as a potential 2020 candidate after he considered a presidential run in 2016.

The Associated Press reports that past and current advisers to Biden, 76, have expressed some “concerns about age” and have raised the possibility of O’Rourke, 47, as a possible running mate.

Last month, O’Rourke (whose birth name is Robert Francis) lost his bid to unseat Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, but nonetheless became a national Democratic figure who managed to pull in more than $80 million in donations -- and was the subject of multiple media profiles that zeroed in on his skateboarding and punk rock background.

Read more at: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-advisers-float-beto-orourke-as-possible-2020-running-mate-report

Conceivably, I can see this happen and I can see it being popular as well.

Big "IFS", Biden is 76, it's almost like O'Rourke conceivably again, could finish Biden's term if for some reason, he was unable to finish it.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 12:33:01 am by TomSea »

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
What a ticket! How many times has Biden run and lost? And Robert Francis fresh off his loss in Texas even after spending all that illegal campaign money.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline corbe

Vote for me I won't grab your puzzy.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
What a ticket! How many times has Biden run and lost? And Robert Francis fresh off his loss in Texas even after spending all that illegal campaign money.

But back then Joe didn't have the dead son thing going for him - he's hoping that will make all the difference...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline libertybele

The DEM field is going to be very crowded but I predict it will come down to 4; Beto, Biden, Castro and Holder.  Other than Biden, I believe the other 3 have a very good chance at beating Trump.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Uncle Joe and Nacho.   That's the ticket.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Ghost sighed:
"Uncle Joe and Nacho.   That's the ticket."

Well, if it is, and if they get themselves elected, odds are that before 4 years are up, it's gonna be "president nacho".

Jes' sumthin' to chew on...

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Ghost sighed:
"Uncle Joe and Nacho.   That's the ticket."

Well, if it is, and if they get themselves elected, odds are that before 4 years are up, it's gonna be "president nacho".

Jes' sumthin' to chew on...

Nope.  It will always be Nacho President.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Two white guys, I don't think so!  The Democommies are promising anything but, which will drive many Dems and Independents to the GOP.  They just can't help subjugating to the left freak element of their party.  One of the two folks on the Dem ticket will be a woman.  My bet, it is HR Clinton and a black man, or perhaps Michelle Obama if HR Clinton does not run.  They are prepping her for something.