Archives > Briefing Room TV

#Baby You're Cold Inside - New Video by massadvj

<< < (2/4) > >>

EasyAce:

--- Quote from: massadvj on December 15, 2018, 09:31:36 pm ---I used to do these all the time, but I don't have Obama and Hillary to kick around anymore.

--- End quote ---
@massadvj
If you can't find members of today's political crass to kick around anymore, you sure haven't been paying attention.  wink777

Merry Christmas!  :tree3:

massadvj:

--- Quote from: EasyAce on December 15, 2018, 09:36:31 pm ---@massadvj
If you can't find members of today's political crass to kick around anymore, you sure haven't been paying attention.  wink777

Merry Christmas!  :tree3:

--- End quote ---

The problem is that Trump sucks all the oxygen out of the space, and he is a parody of himself. 

EasyAce:

--- Quote from: massadvj on December 15, 2018, 09:41:49 pm ---The problem is that Trump sucks all the oxygen out of the space, and he is a parody of himself.

--- End quote ---
I'll admit that even Monty Python, Johnny Carson, and the Mighty Allen Art Players (from radio's ancient Fred Allen Show) would find President Tweety like shooting fish in the barrel by now, but you still have two other branches and a bureaucracy with boils to lance. ;)

massadvj:

--- Quote from: EasyAce on December 15, 2018, 09:46:10 pm ---I'll admit that even Monty Python, Johnny Carson, and the Mighty Allen Art Players (from radio's ancient Fred Allen Show) would find President Tweety like shooting fish in the barrel by now, but you still have two other branches and a bureaucracy with boils to lance. ;)

--- End quote ---

True.  But since Trump has been around, the others don't occupy much space in the zeitgeist.  The media is pretty much all Trump all the time.  I am sure Steve Allen or Johnny Carson would find a lot of material with Trump, but it would not be as hate-filled and blatantly agenda-driven as what we are seeing from Fallon and Colbert.  It would be much more nuanced and clever.

EasyAce:

--- Quote from: massadvj on December 15, 2018, 09:55:35 pm ---True.  But since Trump has been around, the others don't occupy much space in the zeitgeist.  The media is pretty much all Trump all the time.  I am sure Steve Allen or Johnny Carson would find a lot of material with Trump, but it would not be as hate-filled and blatantly agenda-driven as what we are seeing from Fallon and Colbert.  It would be much more nuanced and clever.

--- End quote ---
It's also enough to make you miss Henry Morgan's NBC Monitor segments, That Was the Week That Was, and Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In (especially its first three seasons) even more . . .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version