Author Topic: Wanted: New Conservative Fighters  (Read 11484 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Wanted: New Conservative Fighters
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2018, 08:39:53 pm »
What fetid pap. This article spits in the face of the TEA Party, that worked relentlessly to win a great battle... To countless Conservatives who have given of themselves and manned the front lines for decades before there was ever a Tump supporter.

Ditto, factorial!  I still cringe while recalling a Republican presidential nominee reciting Democrat talking points about the Iraq War at the Republican Convention to thunderous applause, while the only voice of Conservatism on that stage was loudly booed.  The last time I saw Conservatism attacked to this degree at a Republican Convention was in 1976.  And that attack was orchestrated by Paul Manafort, the very man that Trump chose to run his campaign.

For once, I would love to hear something different from the Trump sycophants.  How refreshing it would be to hear one of them utter how wrong they were to demonize us Conservatives, how they would actually like to support Conservative policy in place of blind allegiance, and an apology for selling out to the very same swamp that they falsely claim to be draining.

If Trump builds a wall, I'm on board.  If he shuts down the government, I'll lead the charge.  If he utilizes Executive Branch power by NOT spending money Congress appropriates, I will kiss his ring.  And if he balances the budget and pulls government out of the Social Security business, I will have his baby.  But I will not support tariffs, amnesty, Planned Parenthood funding, and trillion dollar deficits simply because he's Trump.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2018, 10:55:59 pm »
@sneakypete
That depends upon your definition of winning... but that's beside the point - I will redirect you to your statement:

In your own words, "you just play the role of surrender monkey when you don't support the most conservative candidate running" ...So in other words, you don't mean 'The most conservative running' or we would be in agreement.

Ahhh,but they can't be "Secret Squirrel Candidates" because nobody knows they are running and they aren't on the ballots.

Nice try,though.

I don't think I can vote for him any more. He has sullied himself, to the point that his conservative rating has dropped out of the nineties into the eighties. I still might vote for him given the chance, but I'd have to be talked into it. I think he is damaged goods, like everybody else who jumped on the Tump train.

Yes,voting for a candidate that has less chance to be president than you to be elected must be a terrible burden to bear. If only you could figure out what to do about it!

Walker probably would have. He shakes things up...

It really shook me up to discover he ran. Probably not as much as if I had some clue as to who he is,but still.......

But in hindsight, Santorum would be better than Tump...

What color is the sky on your home planet?

I don't think any of the above would have spent as much as he has, nor would any of them painted themselves into a corner like Tump has.

Not a single one of them would have accomplished a tenth of what Trump has accomplished,no matter what the voices in your head tell you.

And 'making changes' was not your argument. Your argument was wrt Conservatism. ALL of the above mentioned are far more conservative than Tump.

Nice backpedal,but still meaningless because my retarded cat had a better chance of winning than any of them,and if you can't win,it's all about "woulda,coulda" brain farts.

Nope. But the principles of the Christian Right are every bit as indispensable as the principles of the other factions,

WHY? What makes YOUR God and religion,who are every bit as responsible for the tortures and murders of millions of people over the centuries as Islam,a prime consideration for anyone rational?

And I will [i
and as a Reaganite, I embrace the principles of all the factions. always.

Unless of course they don't have the same religious superstitions as you. Maybe if Trump had promised you life after death in paradise you would have voted for him?

BTW,Mohammed promised his followers the same thing. Ain't YOU going to be surprised if you show up in heaven as a Muslim houseboy servant!

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2018, 11:02:47 pm »

However where the trumpers fail and fail miserably is by applying that same mindset to those of us who do not like trump...at all...BUT hope he is successful.

SUMBODIE PLEASE SPLAIN to me WHY we have to like ANY President personally? We are NOT electing "Besties",we are electing national leaders and we are NOT picking people to marry our sisters. I don't give a rabid rats ass what his personal life is like as long as he does good things and does his best to run the nation based on Constitutional law.

Tossing out a few million illegal aliens woudn't hurt anything,either.

In fact, our single biggest frustration is that he seems to be his own worst enemy, preventing him from being as successful as he might be. 

I used to think that too,but then realized everything he does and says throws the left and the alleged right so far off balance they just don't know what to do about it.

But the trumpers insistence on unwavering fealty cast aside many who would be mostly likely allies.

Not me. I just demand sanity and truth,and the truth is that so far,ever with all his real AND imagined flaws,he has been the best and most conservative president of my lifetime.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 11:03:18 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2018, 11:12:04 pm »

For once, I would love to hear something different from the Trump sycophants. 

"Sycophants" from someone that wants us all the wear red and march in a straight Party Line in support of the all the RINO bastards that have been selling us down the river?

How refreshing it would be to hear one of them utter how wrong they were to demonize us Conservatives, how they would actually like to support Conservative policy in place of blind allegiance, and an apology for selling out to the very same swamp that they falsely claim to be draining.

ROFLMAO! You actually think you are a conservative,don't you? That's funny,I don't care who you are!

Which loser was it that you were supporting?

If Trump builds a wall, I'm on board.  If he shuts down the government, I'll lead the charge.  If he utilizes Executive Branch power by NOT spending money Congress appropriates, I will kiss his ring.  And if he balances the budget and pulls government out of the Social Security business, I will have his baby.

And if you do any of those things I will applaud you and apologize for being wrong about you. I am betting that even IF he manages to accomplish ALL those things you listed,you will manage to find one more thing to be mad about,and still refuse to support him.

He just didn't kiss the right rings and beg for permission while making some promises to accommodate "business as usual" ,and your (the collective your) bowels have been in a uproar ever since.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2018, 11:42:46 pm »
Yes,voting for a candidate that has less chance to be president than you to be elected must be a terrible burden to bear. If only you could figure out what to do about it!

Not a burden at all.There wasn't anyone else to vote *for*.

Not a single one of them would have accomplished a tenth of what Trump has accomplished,no matter what the voices in your head tell you.

Tump has accomplished damn little in two years. Any moron can write executive orders that vanish like a fart in a windstorm the moment he leaves the office.

You got a tax cut and traded Scalia and Kennedy for two Kennedys.

Wheeee.

Nice backpedal,but still meaningless because my retarded cat had a better chance of winning than any of them,and if you can't win,it's all about "woulda,coulda" brain farts.

No backpedal - I had already answered. I was merely pointing out how you moved the goalposts.

WHY? What makes YOUR God and religion,who are every bit as responsible for the tortures and murders of millions of people over the centuries as Islam,a prime consideration for anyone rational?

Not my God, nor my religion.
Regardless, you will not have anything but more of the same without serious national repentance.
You cannot have small government and a welfare state supporting single parent households full of bastard children. You will not have peace. you will have a police state.

There is a reason why this country came to be in the time and place it did. And it wasn't the enlightenment.

Unless of course they don't have the same religious superstitions as you. Maybe if Trump had promised you life after death in paradise you would have voted for him?

Nah. He'd have to actually prove he is a god, and could deliver a guarantee - which he cannot. In fact, he has already proven quite the opposite.

BTW,Mohammed promised his followers the same thing. Ain't YOU going to be surprised if you show up in heaven as a Muslim houseboy servant!

No, Muhammad did not promise his followers the same thing. In fact, Muhammad's work is almost diametrically opposed. Once again, your ignorance is showing.

But we are done for now, you and I... I'll save you from yourself and yet another timeout for cause.

Cheers.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2018, 11:47:31 pm »
What you are wanting is the same folks who back in 2016 (and 2012) were turning out in State primaries and battling Priebus and his Establishment hacks who were trying to wrest control away from the local level and concentrate it all at the RNC level.

Unfortunately, Trump supporters did everything they could to destroy that movement and hand all power over to Priebus.  In other words, those new Conservative fighters you are looking for were all handed their walking papers in Cleveland back in Summer 2016.  And the rules put in place by Trump delegates at that convention make it impossible for them to return.

How the heck did I miss this?

Absolutely correct.

QFT
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 11:48:06 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2018, 12:03:09 am »
Ditto, factorial!  I still cringe while recalling a Republican presidential nominee reciting Democrat talking points about the Iraq War at the Republican Convention to thunderous applause, while the only voice of Conservatism on that stage was loudly booed.  The last time I saw Conservatism attacked to this degree at a Republican Convention was in 1976.  And that attack was orchestrated by Paul Manafort, the very man that Trump chose to run his campaign.

Exactly true.

For once, I would love to hear something different from the Trump sycophants.  How refreshing it would be to hear one of them utter how wrong they were to demonize us Conservatives, how they would actually like to support Conservative policy in place of blind allegiance, and an apology for selling out to the very same swamp that they falsely claim to be draining.

Not going to happen. Their thinking is different. That's why they can think they're 'winning' while every principled thing they are supposed to stand for falls by their own hand. All I can hope is that they would rue the day, but I think they are incapable.

If Trump builds a wall, I'm on board.  If he shuts down the government, I'll lead the charge.  If he utilizes Executive Branch power by NOT spending money Congress appropriates, I will kiss his ring.  And if he balances the budget and pulls government out of the Social Security business, I will have his baby.  But I will not support tariffs, amnesty, Planned Parenthood funding, and trillion dollar deficits simply because he's Trump.

NOPE. No matter what he does, it will never outpace the damage he has done from the very start. Not that he'll do any more... his cabinet is full of Wall Street, and almost every Conservative has been picked off. Zinke is on his way out (and damaged)... The only one I think is still there is Betty DeVos...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 12:03:44 am by roamer_1 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2018, 12:57:31 am »

No, Muhammad did not promise his followers the same thing. In fact, Muhammad's work is almost diametrically opposed. Once again, your ignorance is showing.

Cheers.

@roamer_1

None are so blind as the devoutly religious,who preach freedom and are voluntary slaves.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2018, 01:05:00 am »
Ron Paul and Rand Paul make those same points on foreign policy,  maybe others do.

I'm glad we don't have big foreign policy disasters as we have under other presidents than having one's feelings hurt.

You want to own the Iraq war? Then own the period of Christian persecution that came with that war that is now leading to their near extinction in a region they were in for 2000 years and started back in 2003, I supported the liberation, I'll own it even if I can see, it might not have been the best thing now. Even a lot of people who supported that war came to regret it including Senator McCain, so, be sanctimonious if one must.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2018, 01:27:20 am »
The very last thing on earth the Republican party wants is conservatives actually running for anything but they do need conservatives to vote for the folks they approve of on elections day.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2018, 01:57:49 am »
What fetid pap. This article spits in the face of the TEA Party, that worked relentlessly to win a great battle... To countless Conservatives who have given of themselves and manned the front lines for decades before there was ever a Tump supporter.

If you wanted more fighters, you should have elected an actual Conservative - one who does actual Conservative things.

Absolutely not my circus, and not my clown.
GFY David Clarke.

LOL!

The teabags sold out before they got to Washington.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2018, 02:02:02 am »
We need to get the big money out of campaign funding. That's how you get real conservatives in Washington.
-Socrates

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2018, 02:04:27 am »
LOL!

You really weren't paying attention, were you? And the few Conservatives in DC that are actually conservative came by way of the Tea Party. Yes, many turned coat. That's why the second wave didn't focus on Washington, but rather overturned a massive amount of state and local offices and governorships. The biggest nation wide turnover in the history of this country is credit due the TEA Party.

Oceander

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2018, 02:07:43 am »
We need to get the big money out of campaign funding. That's how you get real conservatives in Washington.

Actually, no, that’s how you lock in government-approved progressives.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2018, 02:12:49 am »

No! It will get you more left wing populists like Ocasio, but it will also get you more right wing populists that will actually push conservative ideology thunderously. I think y'all should much prefer an Ocasio to a Hillary, but whatever. We need to make it so average people can compete more effectively. That would benefit conservatism a lot I think. This one party bullshit needs to stop. These scumbags being paid by the internationalists are all on the same team. We need to elect Americans.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2018, 02:18:40 am »

People like Bernie and Ocasio are not government approved. Don't you get it dude? Don't you see the DNC trying to stamp that shit out in a hurry? You should all be helping the left elect people like Bernie and Ocasio over people like Hillary any chance you get, but so many of you don't see the real fight.
-Socrates

Online corbe

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2018, 02:36:47 am »
   We definitely need more Conservatives in DC and less RINO's.

Republican
Individual
Number
One
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online The_Reader_David

« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2018, 03:35:41 am »
The fact is there is no contradiction between fighting and taking the high road and proving we're better than the other side.  Anyone who thinks there is needs to replay the video of Lindsay Graham's "Boy, you all want power!  God! I hope you never get it!" speech during the Kavanaugh hearings.  Absolutely civil (another poster even suggested courtly) no mud-slinging, no name calling, but he took the fight to the Democrats with every syllable.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2018, 05:42:54 am »
@sneakypete You realize that the people that you're bashing here for not supporting Trump also did not/do not support Mitt Romney, for more or less the same reason.  And although there are a few, *most* of us also did not/do not support 41 or 43, so let's not go down that road again, we are all well aware how you feel about them.

Yeah but you will support 69 and that makes you a square.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2018, 06:07:19 am »
Yeah but you will support 69 and that makes you a square.

Supporting 49 would make me a square, or 64, or 81, but not 69.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2018, 08:51:06 am »
LOL!

The candidates who lied to the TEA party folks pretty much did. I wasn't especially happy with the constant "moderation" of the GOP even then, but after that have been patently disgusted with how liberal the Party has become. It left me.

No amount of braying, though will make anyone in any race more conservative, even if it obscures those who are. The last election was a prime example. The MSM would not even mention the Constitution Party, rather focusing their 3rd party reporting on the Libertarians and the Green Party, to the exclusion of other choices.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2018, 09:00:13 am »
People like Bernie and Ocasio are not government approved. Don't you get it dude? Don't you see the DNC trying to stamp that shit out in a hurry? You should all be helping the left elect people like Bernie and Ocasio over people like Hillary any chance you get, but so many of you don't see the real fight.
Not so much. While the DNC may largely think they are batsh*t crazy, they draw a contingernt of voters who generally will flock to vote for the brand (Democrat) rather than the individual. That may work to their advantage.

Now, why, since the GOP has progressively branded Conservatives as a 'fringe element' of the Party, won't they take a page out of the Liberal's playbook and cater to that fringe instead of treat it like galley slaves who will row hard and bail out the boat because they are chained to it?

The answer, of course lies somewhere between the Constitution and Marxist  totalitarianism, an oligarchy most profitable for the pols and their cronies. Neither the old school(-ish) democrats or 'pubbies want strict adherence to either because it's bad for bid'ness. If you go strictly by the Constitution, there isn't nearly as much 'play' to get paid for, and Marxist totalitarianism is a vehicle by which anyone can be eliminated in the middle of the night (and becoming a nonperson today is just a bot run of the web away...).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2018, 09:43:02 am »
The GOP sacrificed it's remaining conservatives at the alter of Trump.

There is no place for conservatives in the GOP these days. The only sales pitch the GOP has left is we're not as bad as the Democrats and that's even wearing thin.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2018, 12:15:40 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

They already are. To the point where they are pissed at Trump for winning and want to see him removed from office BECAUSE he won.

Well, @sneakypete it certainly has worked well for Bill Kristol.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2018, 12:16:46 pm »
The GOP sacrificed it's remaining conservatives at the alter of Trump.

Nonsense @DB If you don't believe me, just ask Senator Cruz.