Author Topic: The high-profile Trump White House departures  (Read 656 times)

Offline corbe

The high-profile Trump White House departures
« on: December 15, 2018, 07:28:45 pm »
The high-profile Trump White House departures

The Trump White House had more first-year departures than any other president in at least 40 years — and the departures haven't stopped. The latest resignation: Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke, who President Trump announced will be leaving at the end of this year.

Why it matters: The first-term revolving door of Trump's highest Cabinet officials is not normal, although some turnover should be expected now that we're past the midterms.

1. Michael Flynn
•Title: National Security Adviser
•Start date: Jan. 20, 2017
•End date: Feb. 13, 2017

2. Sean Spicer

<..snip..>

https://www.axios.com/all-the-white-house-departures-6d81023a-3772-4c3e-ba70-59dfb1d9beb4.html
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Absalom

Re: The high-profile Trump White House departures
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 07:48:52 pm »
Repeating the wisdom of Heraclitus; character is destiny (foretelling future behavior).
Trump cannot and never could judge character which is why he has surrounded himself
w/the likes of Cohen, Manafort, Scaramucci and all the rest of his clown posse.
Naysayers will disagree yet Trump's future is plainly ominous because of these
self-inflicted and unforced errors which he compulsively repeats.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 07:56:45 pm »
Repeating the wisdom of Heraclitus; character is destiny (foretelling future behavior).
Trump cannot and never could judge character which is why he has surrounded himself
w/the likes of Cohen, Manafort, Scaramucci and all the rest of his clown posse.
Naysayers will disagree yet Trump's future is plainly ominous because of these
self-inflicted and unforced errors which he compulsively repeats.

He chooses liberal leaning people over the ones who were fighting for his campaign priority like Sessions.  I wonder how it is that we lost Congress so badly when Trump spent all of that time campaigning before mid terms?  I didn't listen, but was he promoting Conservative people for Congress?  Or did he abandon the House completely.  It says something.  That either people have seen his inability or he never supported Republicans for Congress.

All of that money for campaigning.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2018/politics/trump-endorsements-rallies/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5501f39820a6
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 08:10:55 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 09:00:45 pm »
He chooses liberal leaning people over the ones who were fighting for his campaign priority like Sessions.  I wonder how it is that we lost Congress so badly when Trump spent all of that time campaigning before mid terms?  I didn't listen, but was he promoting Conservative people for Congress?  Or did he abandon the House completely.  It says something.  That either people have seen his inability or he never supported Republicans for Congress.

All of that money for campaigning.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2018/politics/trump-endorsements-rallies/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5501f39820a6
-------------------------------
Sound observation.
A family member knew Trump's eldest sister, quite well, and
according to her, he was a pragmatist having no discernible philosophy.
Principled conservatives need to be wary as this could end very poorly.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 12:59:26 am »
-------------------------------
Sound observation.
A family member knew Trump's eldest sister, quite well, and
according to her, he was a pragmatist having no discernible philosophy.
Principled conservatives need to be wary as this could end very poorly.

I think it could be a whole new ball game the next two years and Conservatives will not like it.  I think it will be one compromise after another.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.