Author Topic: Marines declare five missing from collision dead, call search off  (Read 412 times)

rangerrebew

Marines declare five missing from collision dead, call search off
By Stars and Stripes| December 11th, 2018

MARINE CORPS AIR STATION IWAKUNI, Japan — The Marine Corps has ended an extensive search for five Marines missing after their KC-130J Hercules collided midair with an F/A-18 Hornet last week off Japan’s southern coast.

“After an update from the Joint Personnel Recovery Center, and a review of all available information, I have made the determination to end the search and rescue operations for the crew of our [Hercules] … and to declare that these Marine warriors are deceased,” III Expeditionary Force commander Lt. Gen. Eric Smith said in a statement posted Tuesday afternoon to the organization’s official Facebook page.

“Every possible effort was made to recover our crew and I hope the families of these selfless Americans will find comfort in the incredible efforts made by US, Japanese, and Australian forces during the search,” he added.

https://popularmilitary.com/marines-declare-five-missing-from-collision-dead-call-search-off/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Marines declare five missing from collision dead, call search off
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 02:06:19 pm »
Sad,but I have been expecting this. The C-130 crew had no chance of surviving a collision and being able to escape their aircraft.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!