Author Topic: Trump backpedals a bit on shutdown but still strikes tough line on his wall  (Read 417 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump backpedals a bit on shutdown but still strikes tough line on his wall
by Robert Donachie
 | December 13, 2018 05:34 PM

President Trump Thursday appeared to step back from comments suggesting he'd take responsibility for a government shutdown, tweeting, "Let's not do a shutdown," but also saying in a video accompanying the tweet, "Whatever it takes to get border security, I will do it."

Trump in the video upped his political rhetoric in his push for wall funding, calling Democrats hypocrites for not financing his border wall while supporting other border security measures over the years.

"Democrats are absolute hypocrites," Trump declared in a video posted on Twitter Thursday afternoon with the caption, "Let’s not do a shutdown, Democrats — do what’s right for the American People!"

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/trump-backpedals-a-bit-on-shutdown-but-still-strikes-tough-line-on-his-wall
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Back peddle not seen.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DB

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Did everyone get what they needed from the Schumer-Pelosi show?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.