Author Topic: Report: Johnson & Johnson knew about asbestos in baby powder for decades  (Read 631 times)

Online corbe

Report: Johnson & Johnson knew about asbestos in baby powder for decades

BY NATHANIEL WEIXEL - 12/14/18 11:05 AM EST 

Executives at Johnson & Johnson (J&J) knew for decades that the talcum in its baby powder contained asbestos and failed to tell federal regulators, according to a Reuters report.

Reuters examined documents, trial depositions and trial testimony that reportedly shows that from at least 1971 to the early 2000s, J&J executives, mine managers, scientists, doctors and lawyers knew that the company’s raw talc and finished powders sometimes tested positive for small amounts of asbestos.

The people involved discussed the problem and how to address it, while failing to disclose it to regulators or the public, Reuters found.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/421395-report-johnson-johnson-knew-about-asbestos-in-baby-powder-for-decades
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

Re: Report: Johnson & Johnson knew about asbestos in baby powder for decades
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 05:12:07 pm »
Johnson & Johnson seems to be one of those 'protected' corporations like DuPont and Monsanto.  They might lose a small case here or there.  But I don't ever see them losing a billion-dollar judgment over tylenol or teflon.  But now that Monsanto has been bought by Bayer, all bets are off.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Report: Johnson & Johnson knew about asbestos in baby powder for decades
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 09:50:39 pm »
that the company’s raw talc and finished powders sometimes tested positive for small amounts of asbestos.

Oh my! Sometimes and small amounts.........there's a real smoking gun there all right!