Author Topic: Senators prepare for possibility of Christmas in Washington during a shutdown  (Read 594 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senators prepare for possibility of Christmas in Washington during a shutdown

Democratic and Republican senators told Hill.TV on Wednesday that they are prepared to spend Christmas break in Washington if there’s a partial government shutdown.

“I've told my wife not to plan on my being home during Christmas and New Year's,” said Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.), adding that he thinks there’s “zero chance” the Senate would be in session on Christmas day.

But he said there’s a 50-50 chance of working the final week of the year.

“It depends on who blinks,” he said, referring to a standoff between President Trump and congressional leaders like Sen. Charles Schumer (N.Y.) and Rep. Nancy Pelosi (Calif.) over funding for a border wall.

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) seemed less certain about the prospects of working on Christmas.

"I certainly hope not, but the honest answer is I don't know,” he said. “It's going to come down to the president, it's going to come down to Chuck Schumer. Either one can single-handedly force a shutdown.”

He referred to Tuesday’s Oval Office “fireworks” between Democratic leaders and Trump as "must-see TV.”

more
https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/421110-senators-prepare-for-possibility-of-christmas-in-washington-during-a-shutdown
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Too bad...

Offline libertybele

..hmm...I'll pitch in and send them some homemade Christmas cookies with sprinkles on top.  Anyone else? 888deco
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

They'll need some entertainment of course. Perhaps instead of Ted reading "Green Eggs and Ham" he could read them something a little more appropriate like "The Night Before Christmas".    :shrug:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

I think they need to look at the bright side of things; FLOTUS Melania Trump has tastefully decorated the WH.  :laugh:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline goodwithagun

My husband will go to work Christmas morning at 8 am and come home at 8 am the next morning. Do I get an award?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline libertybele

And so sad for them.

The possibility that they might actually have to hang around Washington at Christmastime and do their job is heartbreaking.  :whistle:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The possibility that they might actually have to hang around Washington at Christmastime and do their job is heartbreaking.  :whistle:

Well, the shitter is full!

Offline goodwithagun

Well, the shitter is full!

See my avatar!
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Wingnut

See my avatar!

I have... but in this case I misappropriated it to libertybele's comment!!  :tree3:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 01:12:23 am by The Ghost »

Offline libertybele

Well, with Ted's new beard, he won't have to worry about shaving. :shrug: