Author Topic: In rebuke of Trump, Senate advances resolution calling for end of U.S. support for Saudi-led Yemen w  (Read 345 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
In rebuke of Trump, Senate advances resolution calling for end of U.S. support for Saudi-led Yemen war
Tracy Wilkinson, Jennifer Haberkorn

The Senate on Wednesday advanced a resolution calling for an end to American support for the Saudi-led war in Yemen, a reaction to Saudi Arabia’s killing of a U.S.-based Saudi journalist. The measure, which advanced by a vote of 60-39, is largely symbolic and still faces a final vote. Even if it passes the Senate, the House is not expected to even consider the bill this year and Trump has threatened to veto it if it reaches his desk.

The Yemen measure, a rare bipartisan rebuke of Trump, passed despite fierce White House opposition. It gained support after the killing of Jamal Khashoggi, a U.S. resident and contributing columnist for the Washington Post who was critical of the Saudi royal family.

Read more at: https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pol-senate-saudi-arabia-khashoggi-20181212-story.html

I heard the CIA is still investigating though, they surely must lean towards thinking the Prince was involved. The next line of the LA Times story says: "The CIA has concluded that Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman ordered the killing."  Maybe that is so. I'm unsure.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If true, in a sane world we'd be thanking the Sauds.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: