Author Topic: Rep. Meadows out of running for White House chief of staff: officials  (Read 364 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump told Republican U.S. Representative Mark Meadows that he wants him to stay in Congress rather than take the White House chief of staff job the president is seeking to fill, three senior White House officials said on Wednesday.

Meadows had been among 10 or 12 people that Trump is considering for the post that retired General John Kelly is leaving early in 2019. Kelly, Trump's second chief of staff, after Reince Priebus, had tried to bring more discipline to the chaotic Trump White House and frequently found himself at odds with the president.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/congressman-meadows-running-white-house-chief-staff-white-214647815.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline corbe

Re: Rep. Meadows out of running for White House chief of staff: officials
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 11:56:50 pm »
   Isn't this guy still unemployed?

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 12:07:39 am »
Meadows out of running for White House chief of staff; Trump wants him to stay in Congress
Fox News, Dec 12, 2018

Rep. Mark Meadows, R-N.C., is no longer a contender to replace the departing John Kelly as White House chief of staff, the Trump administration announced Wednesday.

"Congressman Mark Meadows is a great friend to President Trump and is doing an incredible job in Congress," White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said in a brief statement. "The President told him we need him in Congress so he can continue the great work he is doing there."

"I've had the best job in the world, representing my constituents of western North Carolina and working alongside President Trump these last two years to give the forgotten men and women of America a voice in their government," Meadows said in a statement of his own. "I'm fully committed to continuing to both of those roles. I know the President has a long list of tremendous candidates for his next Chief of Staff, and whomever it is will have my total support moving forward."

More:  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/meadows-out-of-running-for-white-house-chief-of-staff-trump-wants-him-to-stay-in-congress

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 12:08:48 am »

Please stop spamming threads with your selfies @corbe This isn't bleeping kindergarten.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 12:09:32 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 12:11:45 am »
Please stop spamming threads with your selfies @corbe This isn't bleeping kindergarten.

Yes Mam.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 01:13:41 am »
That's too bad, but we need Meadows' voice in the House more.  On balance, this is good.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: