Author Topic: Schiff: DOJ Needs to Reevaluate Whether a Sitting President Can Be Indicted  (Read 1027 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
12 Dec 2018

On Wednesday’s broadcast of CNN’s “Situation Room,” incoming House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA) called for the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel (OLC) to reevaluate its opinion that a sitting president can’t be indicted “under circumstances in which the failure to do so may mean that person escapes justice.”

Schiff said, “I think the Justice Department needs to reexamine that OLC opinion…that you cannot indict a sitting president under circumstances in which the failure to do so may mean that person escapes justice. Because if it were the case that it was now or never, that if you wait until after the president leaves office, they can no longer be brought to justice, that ought to create, certainly an exception to that OLC rule, if not mean revisiting and revising the rule altogether.”

He added, “I don’t think that the Justice Department ought to take the position — and it’s certainly not one that would be required in any way by the Constitution — that a president, merely by being in office, can be above the law, can escape the enforcement of the law, by essentially waiting out the law, by waiting out the statute of limitations. So, there ought to be a mechanism to make sure that that is not the case, whether that means revisiting the OLC opinion that — and allowing the indictment of a sitting president and staying the prosecution, or allowing both the indictment and prosecution.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/12/12/schiff-doj-needs-to-reevaluate-whether-a-sitting-president-can-be-indicted/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

I'm sure they can look into that right after they look into that Standard Hotel Schitt owns in LA.

Offline mountaineer

Has anyone confirmed that Schiff is one of the congressmen for whom we taxpayers paid off a (male) sexual harassment or abuse victim? I saw that on twitter,  but no verification.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Has anyone confirmed that Schiff is one of the congressmen for whom we taxpayers paid off a (male) sexual harassment or abuse victim? I saw that on twitter,  but no verification.

He could be a chicken hawk.  The seriousness of that claim demands an investigation.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Hoodat

Maybe instead, the Justice Department should re-evaluate whether Schiff should be indicted for colluding with the Russians.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Hey Adam Schitt!  Where were you in '98?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I know for certain that corrupt Congressmen like you can be indicted, Little Schitt.
The Republic is lost.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The DOJ answers to the President. Any attempt to prosecute the President on federal charges would be insubordination, a firable offense.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Oceander

The DOJ answers to the President. Any attempt to prosecute the President on federal charges would be insubordination, a firable offense.

:facepalm2: