Author Topic: Nine out of 10 universities restrict free speech, survey finds  (Read 511 times)

rangerrebew

Nine out of 10 universities restrict free speech, survey finds
« on: December 12, 2018, 06:07:34 pm »
 Nine out of 10 universities restrict free speech, survey finds
Graham Piro - Staff Reporter •December 12, 2018

But a FIRE report finds more universities are loosening up restrictions

Nearly 90 percent of American colleges and universities maintain policies that restrict or inhibit student and faculty expression protected under the First Amendment.

That’s the bad news from a new report released Tuesday by the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/nine-out-of-10-universities-restrict-free-speech-survey-finds/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Nine out of 10 universities restrict free speech, survey finds
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 11:48:35 pm »
This begs the question:

Which ones DO NOT?
From that list, is the one that traditional-minded parents should require their kids to attend.

Offline The_Reader_David

Re: Nine out of 10 universities restrict free speech, survey finds
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 03:25:13 am »
Got to the website of The Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (www.thefire.org) find the list of the 44 schools that get their green light rating.

I'm on the faculty of one -- Kansas State University.  A few others from memory:  Auburn, Carnegie Mellon, University of Chicago, all branches of the University of North Carolina, and (to my amazement) my old grad alma mater, the University of Pennsylvania (which is overrun with loony leftists, but where somehow they've managed to resist putting in speech codes).
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.