Author Topic: Rush: Trump Pounces on Chuck and Nancy in the Oval Office  (Read 453 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: Trump Pounces on Chuck and Nancy in the Oval Office
« on: December 11, 2018, 07:45:39 pm »

Trump Pounces on Chuck and Nancy in the Oval Office

Dec 11, 2018

RUSH: It’s happening right now in the Oval Office. Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer meeting with President Trump over the funding of the border wall. And I think I understand what’s going on here, and I’m gonna try to explain it to you.

Greetings, my friends. Great to have you with us, as always. Telephone number, if you want to be on the program, 800-282-2882, and send an email to ElRushbo@eibnet.us.

Okay. So this really revolves around what does Trump have, as in leverage over Schumer and Pelosi. They don’t want a wall. They’ve offered a paltry $1.3 billion. Trump wants $5 billion. He wants $5 billion to build a wall. Schumer, Pelosi don’t want a wall, but they have offered $1.3 billion as a starting point.

They think they hold all the cards. I mean, if they deny Trump any of the federal budget to build a wall as the incoming king and queen of the — well, she’s gonna be the queen of the House. Schumer is, course, gonna be the minority over in the Senate, but he’s still the Democrat leader there, so that’s why they’re both up there.

So Trump wants $5 billion. Here’s what’s happened. The original budget request for the Department of Defense, Trump did not give the secretary of defense, Mad Dog Mattis, every dime that he asked for. Trump actually has submitted a budget, or will, that does not contain — this is before today — the precise amount of money that Mattis wants. Pelosi and Schumer offering 1.3. Trump say he wants $5 billion. All of a sudden Trump has changed his mind on the defense budget, and he has told Mattis to submit a defense budget for the Pentagon of $750 billion.

This will be the proposal for fiscal year 2020. This is different from a previous promise that Trump had made to cut the defense budget. It wasn’t much, but it was still a cut rather than what usually are automatic expenses. The $750 billion number came out of a meeting last week when Trump got the lay of the land and figured out that Pelosi and Schumer are probably not going to come close to the $5 billion or agreeing to it in the budget, because this is all gonna happen next year. And they’re trying to get some of this done before the budget expires at the end of this year, government shutdown on December 21st if they don’t come to any sort of an agreement on spending for the remainder of the year.

Now, the original defense budget was $733 billion. That’s what Trump had previously said that he would support. Now he’s asked Mattis to go back and resubmit 750. The upshot is that if Pelosi and Schumer do not join him and authorize and agree to $5 billion for the wall, Trump is gonna take it out of the military budget. That’s why the increase from $733 billion to $750 billion. There’s $34 billion additional in the defense budget authorization or request than what the original number was.

more
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/12/11/trump-jousts-with-chuck-and-nancy-on-the-wall/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34