Author Topic: Jennifer Rubin: Trump to Resign 10 Minutes Before Term Is up, Let Pence Pardon Him  (Read 924 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
10 Dec 2018

Washington Post writer and frequent MSNBC commentator Jennifer Rubin predicted Sunday that President Trump would resign from office with 10 minutes left in his presidency and accept a pardon from his successor, Mike Pence.

“I also don’t think that Trump can pardon himself. And if he tries that, and that’s his only mechanism, he risks being prosecuted after he leaves office,” Jennifer Rubin said.

She continued, “For that very reason, I would predict, here on MSNBC, that when Trump leaves office, he will resign the presidency 10 minutes before Mike Pence leaves office, allowing Pence to pardon him,  if there is not a Republican president to follow him.”

“Wow…we git that on tape,” Jonathan Capeheart responded, also saying, “And also, when you accept the pardon, you have to accept the level of guilt, so, keep that in mind.”

Rubin, supposedly a “conservative” writer, has gone full left-wing in the age of Trump. The writer made headlines over the summer for endorsing public harassment of Sarah Huckabee Sanders and saying that she deserves a “life sentence” of it.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2018/12/10/jennifer-rubin-trump-to-resign-10-minutes-before-term-is-up-let-pence-pardon-him/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Well, that certainly would throw a wrench into the 46th president's monogram shirt order.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Hoodat

He won't have to.  Pence will already be the President-elect.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Frank Cannon

He won't have to.  Pence will already be the President-elect.

Pence's mom wouldn't even vote for him. He is a robotic bucket of wallpaper paste.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Pence's mom wouldn't even vote for him. He is a robotic bucket of wallpaper paste.
I'm not Pence's mom but I'd vote for him...just because I think he is honest and has the kind of American values I could support.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
No way in hell I'd vote for Pence. There really are right wingers that I and a lot of other young people would vote for. You gotta do better than that.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline libertybele

Pretty much.  I noticed that he attended that meeting between Trump, Pelosi and Schumer. He was sitting in the background and never said a word. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

No way in hell I'd vote for Pence. There really are right wingers that I and a lot of other young people would vote for. You gotta do better than that.

So are you saying if Pence became the GOP nominee, you'd vote for someone on the left instead?  Perhaps Beto or Castro?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Does he actually trust Pence to come thru and actually pardon him?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Does he actually trust Pence to come thru and actually pardon him?

Perhaps not, because there have been stories about Pence’s loyalty.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/16/us/politics/mike-pence-trump-administration.html

Also, we know the political price Ford paid for his pardon of Nixon. Besides, a pardon is not the complete panacea everyone thinks it is. As part of accepting it, the subject also acknowledges guilt associated with the charges. On top of that, you know longer have fifth amendment protection, if subpoenaed to testify.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
So are you saying if Pence became the GOP nominee, you'd vote for someone on the left instead?  Perhaps Beto or Castro?

I'm saying I won't vote for Pence. Frank is right. You really need to run somebody better than that.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I hate idiot mouthy female reporters.  They all want attention.  And yet, ten people here seem to be taking her seriously.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.