Author Topic: Richard Simmons settles National Enquirer transgender lawsuit - iMediaEthics  (Read 716 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Richard Simmons settles National Enquirer transgender lawsuit - iMediaEthics

by  December 09, 2018 05:00 AM EST

Richard Simmons and the National Enquirer have settled Simmons’ libel lawsuit against the publication for saying he is transitioning as a transgender woman.

Last year, the Superior Court of California threw out Simmons’ lawsuit over the Enquirer and Radar Online’s stories alleging he was transitioning. Simmons wanted an apology, retraction and damages, as iMediaEthics previously reported.

Judge Gregory Keosian, however, ruled that being called transgender isn’t libelous. Simmons then appealed the ruling, and now is settling his lawsuit, according to TMZ.

Read more at: https://www.imediaethics.org/richard-simmons-settles-national-enquirer-transgender-lawsuit/

Say what one wants about Simmons, I think he has helped a lot of people with weight problems. I don't believe anything has ever been proven on him though, there are rumors.  I actually read one of his books. Furthermore, he's got some website to help people lose weight. Of  course, you have to pay so much. I don't think the cost was exorbitant. There is a lot of competition. Without a doubt, he comes off real flakey, I think he's worn tutus and stuff as well.

Offline mountaineer

Being called transgendered is defamatory.  Who wants to be called crazy?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org