Author Topic: Survivors: Cuba Has Detained Half a Million Dissidents (Breitbart)  (Read 315 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Survivors: Cuba Has Detained Half a Million Dissidents
Edwin Mora

WASHINGTON, DC — Cuba continues to employ starvation and dehydration as a mechanism to break political prisoners physically and mentally, Breitbart News learned from a former political prisoner on Friday.

The practice of starving detainees and limiting their access to water remains “a systematic and official practice,” Luis Zúñiga, a former political prisoner, declared during an event on human rights in Cuba hosted by the Organization of American States (OAS).

“You go today and ask a political prisoner who has just left jail what system of feeding he was subjected to and what he is going to say is a regimen of hunger, thirst, and malnutrition,” he added.

Read more at: https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2018/12/07/survivors-cuba-detained-half-million-dissidents-still-starving-prisoners-death/

via https://babalublog.com/

The Breitbart headline seems misleading, I don't find the article mentioning "half a million detained", I'm thinking they mean for the whole time of the Communist government since 1958 (or whichever year it was).
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 02:25:13 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Survivors: Cuba Has Detained Half a Million Dissidents (Breitbart)
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 02:39:19 am »
I think for the record, the Breitbart article refers to this meeting of the OAS (Organization of American States) and perhaps, they took it (saying Cuba has detained half a million) from this meeting. It's all in Spanish but it was linked up at babalublog.com

Sorry...

I'm looking at the testimony at 1 hour, 49-59 minutes, that witness and the one afterwards. That is very riveting testimony. Very well done. I'm not sure if there are formalities early on but the video and meeting is well done.  In fact, I'm sure all of the witnesses are good. It's a long video actually at nearly 3 hours. 
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 05:05:15 am by TomSea »