Author Topic: Rounds proposes $25 billion for border wall  (Read 414 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Rounds proposes $25 billion for border wall
« on: December 09, 2018, 04:32:53 pm »
Rounds proposes $25 billion for border wall
Seth Tupper Journal staff

Sen. Mike Rounds is co-sponsoring legislation that would provide $25 billion to fully fund a wall and other border security measures along the U.S. border with Mexico, he announced Thursday.

The legislation introduced by Sen. Jim Inhofe, R-Okla., and co-sponsored by Rounds, R-S.D., Sen. John Kennedy, R-La., and Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, is called the WALL Act.

“The primary responsibility of the federal government is the defense of our nation, which includes strong border security,” Rounds said in a news release.

Read more at: https://rapidcityjournal.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/rounds-proposes-billion-for-border-wall/article_fa3c03c3-9cc8-5142-9dbe-ec14807f3f07.html

I wonder what the chances are it will be voted in? They'll have to do this before the new congress comes in, I would think.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Rounds proposes $25 billion for border wall
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 01:57:02 am »
I wonder what the chances are it will be voted in? They'll have to do this before the new congress comes in, I would think.

Voted on.  Slim   Voted in.  Slim-none.

So ... after having the majority for the past 4 years, they're all of a sudden going to fund the wall in the last couple of weeks before their majority is over?  The Secure Fence Act of 2006 was approved by BOTH Houses of Congress and signed into law and here we sit.  This is reality.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.