Author Topic: Why We Can’t Rule Out Bigfoot  (Read 2826 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Why We Can’t Rule Out Bigfoot
« on: December 09, 2018, 12:30:57 am »
https://getpocket.com/explore/item/why-we-can-t-rule-out-bigfoot-1922077258

I recently got an email from an anthropologist commenting on a new report in the Proceedings of the Royal Society. The topic of that report was Bigfoot—or rather, a genetic analysis of hairs that people over the years have claimed belong to a giant, hairy, unidentified primate.

The international collaboration of scientists, led by University of Oxford geneticist Bryan Sykes, found no evidence that the DNA from the hairs belonged to a mysterious primate. Instead, for the most part, it belonged to decidedly unmysterious mammals such as porcupines, raccoons, and cows.

My correspondent summed up his opinion succinctly: “Well, duh.”

This new paper will not go down in history as one of the great scientific studies of all time. It doesn’t change the way we think about the natural world, or about ourselves. But it does illustrate the counterintuitive way that modern science works.

Continued at link.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 06:11:13 am by Quix »

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Why We Can’t Rule Out Bigfoot
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 12:41:01 am »
Hmmm...

Darwinian THEORY.

So adamantinely prescribed, and or just as adamantly proscribed? As the truth?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 12:45:59 am »
Michael Medved, radio show host, movie reviewer who lives out in Seattle seems to believe they are a possibility.  He is somewhat rational in my view. It certainly doesn't mean I agree with all of his positions.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 12:47:34 am »
State by state, alleged sightings of Big Foot. It's kind of interesting. There is a similar map for hauntings on the web, so sometimes, it is interesting to see what is alleged to have done on.

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/sbs/sbs.html

There may be some other resources like this, in fact, I think there is. This looks a bit different than what I read in the past.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 12:48:41 am by TomSea »

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 12:59:53 am »
State by state, alleged sightings of Big Foot. It's kind of interesting. There is a similar map for hauntings on the web, so sometimes, it is interesting to see what is alleged to have done on.

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/sbs/sbs.html

There may be some other resources like this, in fact, I think there is. This looks a bit different than what I read in the past.

Anecdotal only. But "natives' around the world speak of such creatures.

In a way, as science progresses, it begins to prove, at the least, "Intelligent Design".
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 05:24:44 am »
Bigfoot is.
I know.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 06:45:09 am »
Bigfoot is.
I know.

I agree. Again, only anecdotal. When I was a little boy, about 7, my grandfather, uncle and dad (along with my two brothers) went up to the mining claim my gg took along with his homestead. Decent mining cabin, but they had built a low lean-to hide down under the cover of the trees. Staked the horses by the claim and then went down into the trees to the hide. Had two big dogs with us. My grandfather was a sheepherder. He had big dogs. Not fancy bred, just well-trained in their bizness. We all crawled into the hide, wind blowing a bit, some snow.  Somewhere in that night. The dogs started barking, then whining, and then insisted they came inside, My g-father crawled out, built up the fire. It hadn't gone completely out.

Since it woke us all, my g-pop told my uncle to hand out a long arm. His 30-40. And then there was a crack crack crack rocks thrown and branches breaking. While the dogs huddled inside. My grand father told us boys it was only a cat, and the storm.

But those dogs never had a problem with a cat. When I say cat I mean mountain lion. Whatever was out there they didn't muster to.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2018, 07:35:13 am »
I agree. Again, only anecdotal. When I was a little boy, about 7, my grandfather, uncle and dad (along with my two brothers) went up to the mining claim my gg took along with his homestead. Decent mining cabin, but they had built a low lean-to hide down under the cover of the trees. Staked the horses by the claim and then went down into the trees to the hide. Had two big dogs with us. My grandfather was a sheepherder. He had big dogs. Not fancy bred, just well-trained in their bizness. We all crawled into the hide, wind blowing a bit, some snow.  Somewhere in that night. The dogs started barking, then whining, and then insisted they came inside, My g-father crawled out, built up the fire. It hadn't gone completely out.

Since it woke us all, my g-pop told my uncle to hand out a long arm. His 30-40. And then there was a crack crack crack rocks thrown and branches breaking. While the dogs huddled inside. My grand father told us boys it was only a cat, and the storm.

But those dogs never had a problem with a cat. When I say cat I mean mountain lion. Whatever was out there they didn't muster to.

I have a similar story...

Seen unmistakable sign two times. One time it was BIG and male... found hair on branches higher than I could reach... He'd been moving fast, I reckon, because a jump from me was only 3/4ths of his stride. The other was female, and my farthest stride was with my heel at the toe of the behinder track, to about 3" behind the heel of the forward track at my toe.

My story:
I was up in the Bob Marshall, about half way up the White River trail, when I turned off the trail and headed north. I come up short at a deep ravine wide enough I couldn't throw a rock over it... It was nearing dark, so I decided to make a dry camp a bit back from the edge, and figure out the navigation in the morning.

I woke up way early in the morning... Charlie, my bad ass wolf hybrid was in the tent and letting out a low I-mean-business growl. I knew something had struck the tent. Shortly after, another pretty good whack on the ground outside... So I grabbed my rifle, kicked up the fire, and stepped back into the brush so I was not so easy to see, and so I could see better.

The next rock was a honker, big as a softball, and I could tell it had come from the ravine. The next one I was dialed in on, and I could tell they were coming from OVER the ravine.

I was looking at my dog, and his bad self was talking to me somewhere between a whine and a growl, scared out of his mind (which I had never seen before), and pretty near trying to crawl into my pants with me. That really freaked me out, bad. That dog is scared of exactly nothing.

I decided I was too exposed, and stepped out of the brush, always facing the ravine, and began to strike camp. And whatever was over there was pissed... Beating and thrashing around in the trees. I couldn't see it, but the dog could... While I was quickly stuffing all my crap into my pack I watched him as he was watching it, and his gaze was gradually going up the ravine, and before very long, he was looking up the ravine on our side.

I ain't proud. I hoofed it. Triple time. Shell jacked and safety off...  And the dog was right up next to, beside me the whole time. I was back at the river before mid morning, and it wasn't till then that the dog started to relax a bit, ranging wider, and turning to watch the back trail now and then.

That was just about the spookiest thing that has ever happened to me in the woods.
I ain't never seen one... but I know they exist.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2018, 11:07:21 am »
Those are interesting stories and I've heard similar. If the dogs were made scared,  I think I've heard it would be the scent of the beast.

Physical proof remains illusive apparently.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2018, 02:50:19 pm »
I grew up believing in Big Foot.  All of my relatives, both sides of the family believe in Big Foot and have similar stories as @roamer_1.  My parents generation and my generation, all hunt, all have dogs. 
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2018, 03:05:18 am »
I grew up believing in Big Foot.  All of my relatives, both sides of the family believe in Big Foot and have similar stories as @roamer_1.  My parents generation and my generation, all hunt, all have dogs.

Folks are too far away from the land anymore. Shoot, even the ones who are close to the land hardly ever get out of the 'farm belt', where there are plenty of roads to get to the woods... And those that DO get out to the actual wilds... that handful of hardy packers and hunting guides, backpackers and such... They stay right on the trails, rarely venturing more than a few hundred yards off of the trail

It is a shame.

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2018, 03:47:58 am »
https://getpocket.com/explore/item/why-we-can-t-rule-out-bigfoot-1922077258

I recently got an email from an anthropologist commenting on a new report in the Proceedings of the Royal Society. The topic of that report was Bigfoot—or rather, a genetic analysis of hairs that people over the years have claimed belong to a giant, hairy, unidentified primate.

The international collaboration of scientists, led by University of Oxford geneticist Bryan Sykes, found no evidence that the DNA from the hairs belonged to a mysterious primate. Instead, for the most part, it belonged to decidedly unmysterious mammals such as porcupines, raccoons, and cows.

My correspondent summed up his opinion succinctly: “Well, duh.”

This new paper will not go down in history as one of the great scientific studies of all time. It doesn’t change the way we think about the natural world, or about ourselves. But it does illustrate the counterintuitive way that modern science works.

Continued at link.

IIRC, in the broad field, there are cases where the hairs were NOT found to be conventional mammals.
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2018, 03:52:57 am »
Anecdotal only. But "natives' around the world speak of such creatures.

In a way, as science progresses, it begins to prove, at the least, "Intelligent Design".

L.A. Marzulli had a conference at a small Dineh church.

The elders told him there were common bigfoot sightings as well as skinwalker sightings along the San Juan River. The area also had frequent UFO sightings.

Marzulli taught them spiritual warfare to stop such goings on in their area.
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/