Author Topic: Solar Panel Waste: A Disposal Problem  (Read 536 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Solar Panel Waste: A Disposal Problem
« on: December 09, 2018, 02:13:50 am »
By Jack Dini

December 7, 2018

The last few years have seen growing concern over what happens to solar panels at the end of their life. Consider the following statements:

- The problem of solar panel disposal will explode with full force in two or three decades and wreck the environment because it is a huge amount of waste which is not easy to recycle. 1

- Solar panels create 300 times more toxic waste per unit of energy than do nuclear power plants. If solar and nuclear produce the same amount of electricity over the next 25 years that nuclear produced in 2016, and the wastes are stacked on football fields, the nuclear waste would reach the height of the Leaning Tower of Pisa (53 meters), while the solar waste would reach the height of two Mt. Everests (16 km). 2....

https://canadafreepress.com/article/solar-panel-waste-a-disposal-problem

In our Orwellian world, clean isn't clean.

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Solar Panel Waste: A Disposal Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 04:08:01 am »
The ugliest house in our neighborhood is the one with solar panels covering the roof. Horrible thing to look at.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 06:09:14 am »
In our Orwellian world, clean isn't clean.
And GREEN sure as hell isn't clean, but the Gaia worshipers still try and sell that snake oil and they have legions of salespeople in all of our schools and inhabiting all our children's TV shows.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 06:19:33 am »
The ugliest house in our neighborhood is the one with solar panels covering the roof. Horrible thing to look at.
Back in 2011 I was doing work work in Palo Alto, CA. and twice a week I drove by one of the ugliest things in San Jose, the Solyndria solar panel plant. It was ugly initially because bathhouse barry gave them $500 million of our tax dollars which was just payoff to his cronies since they went bankrupt soon after going into operation, and ugly again because we, the taxpayer, got hit again with paying for a massive hazmat clean up when the owners abandoned the plant. I mean who would expect them to spend their ill gotten money on cleaning up their mess when barry was more than happy to stick it to the taxpayers again? Beside, it would have reduced barry's cut.