Author Topic: Global Attack on Gender Studies  (Read 647 times)

rangerrebew

Global Attack on Gender Studies
« on: December 08, 2018, 04:48:55 pm »
Global Attack on Gender Studies

Scholars say their field is coming under increasing pressures from forces outside the academy who want to delegitimize it.
By
Elizabeth Redden
December 5, 2018

The decision by the Hungarian government earlier this fall to withdraw accreditation from gender studies programs -- a full-frontal governmental assault on an academic discipline -- sent shock waves ​through the field.

Gender studies "has no business [being taught] in universities," because it is "an ideology not a science," a deputy to Hungary's prime minister, Zsolt Semjen, told the international news agency Agence France-Presse.

Semjen also said labor market demand for the field was "close to zero."

"No one wants to employ a gender-ologist," Semjen said.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2018/12/05/gender-studies-scholars-say-field-coming-under-attack-many-countries-around-globe
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 04:49:37 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: Global Attack on Gender Studies
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 04:51:19 pm »
Do colleges have a "gender studies" course for each of the 120 or so different "genders?"  If not, how do they choose which "gender" to discriminate against? :whistle:
"

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 01:01:01 am »
"Global Attack on Gender Studies
Scholars say their field is coming under increasing pressures from forces outside the academy who want to delegitimize it."

I, for one, hope these "outside sources" are ultimately successful !!

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 01:34:43 am »
Gender studies is just pushing feminism onto young people. I agree with elements of feminism, but that shit is getting very toxic and unhealthy at the extreme end. Also anybody that's not an idiot knows it's a waste of time and money to get a degree in gender studies.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates