Author Topic: Trump shrugs off future debt crisis: ‘I won’t be here’  (Read 8141 times)

Online LMAO

Re: Trump shrugs off future debt crisis: ‘I won’t be here’
« Reply #150 on: December 07, 2018, 04:09:50 pm »
 But getting back to the original subject.

I would not be dismissive about our fiscal  situation. I don’t know if Trump really said what he said. And I’m gonna need more evidence than  someone claiming he said it. But if he did, it’s highly unfortunate. One of the reasons Social Security and Medicare are popular because they’re able to hide the true cost from the public. What’s promised can be passed onto another generation. Tell Americans that they have to pay the full cost, including the promises, without borrowing or printing, and you would see riots that would make those French fuel tax riots seem like just a little misunderstanding
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 04:13:02 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline aligncare

« Reply #151 on: December 07, 2018, 04:13:39 pm »
The fact that we're older means most of us heard the same "we'll fix the world" crap from our fellow young people back in the 1960s. Don't trust anyone over 30!

How'd that work out?

The idealism of youth. I had it big time in ‘68. Fast forward to today. What do we have? Same shit, different day.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #152 on: December 07, 2018, 04:15:04 pm »
Technology is evolving more and more rapidly. The world 100 years from now will have wonders beyond our comprehension.

That's right!  It has already evolved to the point that anyone who truly wants to become educated can do so and without having to ever sit in a chair within the halls of academia but if you want a piece of paper that SAYS you are educated (indoctrinated), THAT is an entirely different matter.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online LMAO

« Reply #153 on: December 07, 2018, 04:18:57 pm »
That's right!  It has already evolved to the point that anyone who truly wants to become educated can do so and without having to ever sit in a chair within the halls of academia but if you want a piece of paper that SAYS you are educated (indoctrinated), THAT is an entirely different matter.

And that could make a good chunk of college obsolete. At least the brick and mortar part of it. A perfect example of this is I got my BSN by having to sit through a classroom for 4 1/2 years. Today, two year RNs can take many courses online thereby saving themselves money

This could be one of those problems were the market and innovation would solve the problem better than any government program
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #154 on: December 07, 2018, 04:24:00 pm »
And that could make a good chunk of college obsolete. At least the brick and mortar part of it. A perfect example of this is I got my BSN by having to sit through a classroom for 4 1/2 years. Today, two year RNs can take many courses online thereby saving themselves money

This could be one of those problems were the market and innovation would solve the problem better than any government program

Brick and mortar is already slowly dying at least for undergrad studies.  LOVE your tag line!  Wonder where we would be today had that man been elected instead of LBJ?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #155 on: December 07, 2018, 04:27:53 pm »
Wonder where we would be today had that man been elected instead of LBJ?

It would have been terrible. We would have missed out on the expansion of govt' agencies and regulation under Nixon. Who would want to live in a world without CAFE standards and the EPA looking out for us?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #156 on: December 07, 2018, 04:29:48 pm »
It would have been terrible. We would have missed out on the expansion of govt' agencies and regulation under Nixon. Who would want to live in a world without CAFE standards and the EPA looking out for us?

Not to mention one without the "Great Society" programs!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #157 on: December 07, 2018, 04:39:15 pm »
Not to mention one without the "Great Society" programs!

Well we wouldn't have had that because LBJ would have been sent back to Texas in '64 and we all know Goldwater would have killed us all because the MSM of the day said so.

Online LMAO

« Reply #158 on: December 07, 2018, 04:52:59 pm »
The idealism of youth. I had it big time in ‘68. Fast forward to today. What do we have? Same shit, different day.

I think everybody in their younger years are pretty idealistic and  naïve  and somehow  you just seem to know more than people who are older than you and everything you think is superior to their way of thinking.

As you get older, you find yourself saying more “dad was right”

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #159 on: December 07, 2018, 04:53:49 pm »
Technology is evolving more and more rapidly. The world 100 years from now will have wonders beyond our comprehension.

Exactly wrong. We are teetering on the ragged edge of dystopia, with every single thing straining at the seams. Our culture is eating itself, and our debt is so vast it can hardly be imagined.

You forget that Rome too, had wonders beyond comprehension in its day. And massive might. England once spanned the world...

And still they fell.

Perhaps it would do you good to look into why that happened.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #160 on: December 07, 2018, 04:59:02 pm »
We are strong. You need to believe in us. There will always be useless and broken people. That is not our generation. The internet children are going to change the world for the better. The absolute best thing old people can do for young people is make the process of becoming educated easier and more efficient. When I am old I will fight for young people to have it better and easier than I did. It doesn't feel like y'all think that way and it's disappointing.

Ignorance is truly bliss. It is not the role of elders to coddle youth. You would do well to listen to those who are teaching you.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #161 on: December 07, 2018, 06:55:15 pm »
Exactly wrong. We are teetering on the ragged edge of dystopia, with every single thing straining at the seams. Our culture is eating itself, and our debt is so vast it can hardly be imagined.

You forget that Rome too, had wonders beyond comprehension in its day. And massive might. England once spanned the world...

And still they fell.

Perhaps it would do you good to look into why that happened.

Don't worry, they'll get other people to invent things for them.  All they have to do is just believe hard enough.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #162 on: December 07, 2018, 07:02:52 pm »
Don't worry, they'll get other people to invent things for them.  All they have to do is just believe hard enough.

YAY! Skittles for everyone!!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #163 on: December 07, 2018, 07:03:06 pm »
The fact that we're older means most of us heard the same "we'll fix the world" crap from our fellow young people back in the 1960s. Don't trust anyone over 30!

Today, I don't trust anyone UNDER 30!.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.