Author Topic: Millennial Men Ditching Traditional ‘Masculine’ Values, More Likely To Embrace ‘Emotional Strength’  (Read 1798 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
And my friends wonder why I’m single.

Sigh.

Gets lonely sometimes, doesn’t it. Especially this time of year.

Although a millennium man would be way too young for me.

Thanks for posting  goopo
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 05:45:56 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Mel Brooks, a man who could see the future in the past.

Well, he worked in Hollywood, where the type of male described in the article was already the standard.
Let it burn.

Offline mirraflake

There was a time a few decades back they were called "sensitive" and some women were convinced that a sensitive guy was far superior to a macho one.  :shrug:

Back when I was in college in 1980 a women I knew said the Alan Alda sensitive types were "hot" .   I tried the Alan Alda sensitive guy route..for about 2 months and quickly found out it was a losing way to attract women.

@mountaineer

Online goatprairie

Back when I was in college in 1980 a women I knew said the Alan Alda sensitive types were "hot" .   I tried the Alan Alda sensitive guy route..for about 2 months and quickly found out it was a losing way to attract women.

@mountaineer
Cartoonist Robert Crumb wrote about this in one of his comics. Before he became famous he was a sensitive male (or tried to be) and a loser with females.
When he became famous, he had women climbing over each other to get in bed with him...which is pretty much the only thing he wanted out of them.
His conclusion was that women lied about wanting sensitive, caring, humble males when most of them really desired powerful, arrogant,  males.
In short, they desired the male who stepped on everybody over the male who was meek and submissive and sensitive to women.
This is not necessarily my opinion of women, but I do know many women like alpha males with all their faults a lot more than beta ones.  That's just human nature.
Of course, many men are pretty shallow themselves.

Offline roamer_1

His conclusion was that women lied about wanting sensitive, caring, humble males when most of them really desired powerful, arrogant,  males.
In short, they desired the male who stepped on everybody over the male who was meek and submissive and sensitive to women.

I don't think that's right. I was a very physically powerful male, and capable of extreme aggression. It was not unusual for someone I laid hands on to wind up in the hospital. So I am well accustomed to the meat-seeking bunnies that look for the most powerful man in the room.

I have been everything from dead broke to a regional leader in business. So I have also experienced the gold diggers that come with money and business/political power.

If you winnow through the shallow women, I think that true women are looking for a powerful protector, sure... and for smeone with some sort of success (depending upon her particular view of success - not necessarily money or power)...

I read somewhere that a gentleman is not a simp with a limp wrist, but rather, a gentleman is made of spring steel, entirely capable and confident, deferring not because he must, but because he chooses to. Not an arrogant lord, but a benevolent one - Not making men bow to his will, but leading by example.

I think that is where the money shot lies.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
No, no, Canadians are these guys, eh.

I thought this is what Canadians looked like....

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline ConstitutionRose

I really feel sorry for my granddaughters, if this is what the men in their life are going to be.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline mountaineer

I was on the campus of the Univ. of Pittsburgh last night and saw a few of the younger generation of alleged males. While I hate to generalize from such a small sample (most of whom reminded me of Pajama Boy), I had to ponder what it would be like if this were 1941 and the country was going to be attacked the next day (Dec. 7). Would these young men have the willingness or ability to defend the USA to the death?

The event I attended was in the same building where ROTC is headquartered, so maybe I shouldn't feel so discouraged.  :shrug:

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org