Author Topic: Lawmakers call for investigation into Labor Secretary Acosta for sex offender plea deal  (Read 1650 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Lawmakers call for investigation into Labor Secretary Acosta for sex offender plea deal

By Emily Birnbaum - 12/04/18 10:58 AM EST

A group of 15 Democratic lawmakers is calling for an investigation into Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta

's conduct following an investigation into a 2007 plea deal he struck with an alleged serial sex offender when he was the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of Florida.

The lawmakers, which include 10 representatives from Florida, are asking the Justice Department's Office of the Inspector General to investigate the "circumstances" surrounding the nonprosecution agreement Acosta entered into with Jeffrey Epstein, a wealthy Florida investor who was convicted on two counts of prostitution in 2007.

A new Miami Herald investigation provides details into the deal Acosta and Epstein struck after Epstein was accused of sexually abusing dozens of young girls, many of whom were minors. Epstein was facing a life sentence in federal prison but only served 13 months in county jail as a result of the plea deal with Acosta.

"As Members of Congress intent on ensuring the equal application of justice and gravely concerned with the plague of sex trafficking and sexual abuse, we urge you to conduct an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the non-prosecution agreement Mr. Acosta entered into with Mr. Epstein," the lawmakers wrote, according to a copy of the letter obtained by The Hill.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/419620-lawmakers-call-for-investigation-into-labor-secretary-acosta-for-sex-offender
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Lawmakers call for investigation into Labor Secretary Acosta for sex offender plea deal

By Emily Birnbaum - 12/04/18 10:58 AM EST

A group of 15 Democratic lawmakers is calling for an investigation into Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta

's conduct following an investigation into a 2007 plea deal he struck with an alleged serial sex offender when he was the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of Florida.

The lawmakers, which include 10 representatives from Florida, are asking the Justice Department's Office of the Inspector General to investigate the "circumstances" surrounding the nonprosecution agreement Acosta entered into with Jeffrey Epstein, a wealthy Florida investor who was convicted on two counts of prostitution in 2007.

A new Miami Herald investigation provides details into the deal Acosta and Epstein struck after Epstein was accused of sexually abusing dozens of young girls, many of whom were minors. Epstein was facing a life sentence in federal prison but only served 13 months in county jail as a result of the plea deal with Acosta.

"As Members of Congress intent on ensuring the equal application of justice and gravely concerned with the plague of sex trafficking and sexual abuse, we urge you to conduct an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the non-prosecution agreement Mr. Acosta entered into with Mr. Epstein," the lawmakers wrote, according to a copy of the letter obtained by The Hill.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/419620-lawmakers-call-for-investigation-into-labor-secretary-acosta-for-sex-offender

@Chosen Daughter

This is just the Dims playing partisan propaganda games. There can be NO serious discussions about Epstein's crimes without mentioning Bubba Bill,and they just ain't going to allow that to happen.

This would be THE perfect opportunity for Trump to announce he wants to open a full investigation into that,and call on the DNC for it's full support.

Probably not the same week Poppy is being buried,though. Since his name is likely to pop up it could get awkward.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Chosen Daughter

This is just the Dims playing partisan propaganda games. There can be NO serious discussions about Epstein's crimes without mentioning Bubba Bill,and they just ain't going to allow that to happen.

This would be THE perfect opportunity for Trump to announce he wants to open a full investigation into that,and call on the DNC for it's full support.

Probably not the same week Poppy is being buried,though. Since his name is likely to pop up it could get awkward.

No need to include that asinine last sentence in your post @sneakypete   It just pathetic, wrong and stupid.

Otherwise, good post.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
No need to include that asinine last sentence in your post @sneakypete   It just pathetic, wrong and stupid.

@Emjay

The reason you hate it is that it's an uncomfortable truth for you. Poppy was a globalist through and through,and a member of the inner circle that was friends with your idols the Clintons.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay

The reason you hate it is that it's an uncomfortable truth for you. Poppy was a globalist through and through,and a member of the inner circle that was friends with your idols the Clintons.

It's a nasty lie and only believable from your slanted point of view.  Stop posting crap.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay

What kind of low-life would post really nasty and untrue things about a good man that he is not fit to share the planet with on the day of that good man's funeral.

Just wondering....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
What kind of low-life would post really nasty and untrue things about a good man that he is not fit to share the planet with on the day of that good man's funeral.

Just wondering....

@Emjay

What kind of blind delusional fool would call an honest man a low-life when the evidence is out there that everything I wrote is true,and you HAVE to have heard it all before.

Or are you one of those idiots that still denies the Bush Crime Family and the Clinton Crime Family are have been in business together,and that it started when Poppy was President?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay

What kind of blind delusional fool would call an honest man a low-life when the evidence is out there that everything I wrote is true,and you HAVE to have heard it all before.

Or are you one of those idiots that still denies the Bush Crime Family and the Clinton Crime Family are have been in business together,and that it started when Poppy was President?

@sneakypete   You are no longer worth my time because you are a piece of bovine excrement.

Putting you on ignore.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete   You are no longer worth my time because you are a piece of bovine excrement.

Putting you on ignore.

@Emjay

Truth too painful for ya,bubba?

Offline Chosen Daughter

@Emjay

You are delusional.  They cannot investigate this without Trump coming up.  He also was friend of Epstein.  Called him a fun guy that liked young girls.  He also was accused of a rape relating to an Epstein incident.

http://www.justiceforkatie.com/
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 03:19:33 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You are delusional.  They cannot investigate this without Trump coming up.  He also was friend of Epstein.  Called him a fun guy that liked young girls.  He also was accused of a rape relating to an Epstein incident.

http://www.justiceforkatie.com/

@Chosen Daughter

Then if you loved Poppy you should be over the moon in love with Trump because Trump isn't sexually attracted to pre-teen boys.

Offline Chosen Daughter

@Chosen Daughter

Then if you loved Poppy you should be over the moon in love with Trump because Trump isn't sexually attracted to pre-teen boys.

Your kidding right?  I am supposed to prefer young girls to be raped by wealthy and powerful pedophiles?  I don't know if Trump is guilty of what he is accused of and nobody ever will.  Because it is swept under the rug.  Surely this Katie has told her story.  It doesn't sound made up.  The details don't seem like something a person would make up.  It makes me want to puke, and I wish she would have had her day in court. 

There should be an investigation into why we never prosecuted Epstein for his crimes.  Acosta made it happen and we need to know why.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Your kidding right?  I am supposed to prefer young girls to be raped by wealthy and powerful pedophiles?

My apologies if you prefer homosexual rape.

I don't know if Trump is guilty of what he is accused of and nobody ever will.

Anything is possible,but it doesn't seem likely that any would pop up at this late date.

There should be an investigation into why we never prosecuted Epstein for his crimes.  Acosta made it happen and we need to know why.

I don't remember who Acosta is at this point,but I am with ya on the above. Those are serious charges against prominent people accused of abusing the helpless,and they should have been investigated,and if found true,prosecuted regardless of who the guilty parties were.

I think there can be little doubt that Epstein was guilty,so that would be the likely place to have started.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Fine. I want to see all the sealed sex offender settlements of all Congresscritters.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Chosen Daughter

My apologies if you prefer homosexual rape.

Anything is possible,but it doesn't seem likely that any would pop up at this late date.

I don't remember who Acosta is at this point,but I am with ya on the above. Those are serious charges against prominent people accused of abusing the helpless,and they should have been investigated,and if found true,prosecuted regardless of who the guilty parties were.

I think there can be little doubt that Epstein was guilty,so that would be the likely place to have started.

Who is Alexander Acosta?

https://www.miamiherald.com/latest-news/article222719885.html

Offline Chosen Daughter

Fine. I want to see all the sealed sex offender settlements of all Congresscritters.

Yes, lets see them.  Time to really do some swamp cleaning.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Who is Alexander Acosta?

https://www.miamiherald.com/latest-news/article222719885.html

@Chosen Daughter

From what I read and my limited understanding of the law,Epstein is off the hook and there is nothing that can be done about it at this late date.

Acosta,on the other hand,should be facing a serious investigation into corruption charges.

And I would stand up and cheer if I were to learn the feds were taking a fresh look at the various offenses that Epstein could still be charged with.

Playing the Devils Advocate for a few minutes,neither you,I,nor anyone else can blame the men that Epstein set up for dates with underage girls unless it can be proven the men KNEW they were underage girls. These girls were street kids,so it is not like they were naive about what they were doing,or that the men who had just met them would have any idea they were underage. 16 and 17 year old girls are called "children" only because they are legally children until their 18th birthday. Trust me,there is nothing even remotely child-like about the mindset of the typical street kid/runaway.

Now if there are any cases where it can be proven the male clients KNEW the girls were underage,hammer them!

Offline Chosen Daughter

@Chosen Daughter

From what I read and my limited understanding of the law,Epstein is off the hook and there is nothing that can be done about it at this late date.

Acosta,on the other hand,should be facing a serious investigation into corruption charges.

And I would stand up and cheer if I were to learn the feds were taking a fresh look at the various offenses that Epstein could still be charged with.

Playing the Devils Advocate for a few minutes,neither you,I,nor anyone else can blame the men that Epstein set up for dates with underage girls unless it can be proven the men KNEW they were underage girls. These girls were street kids,so it is not like they were naive about what they were doing,or that the men who had just met them would have any idea they were underage. 16 and 17 year old girls are called "children" only because they are legally children until their 18th birthday. Trust me,there is nothing even remotely child-like about the mindset of the typical street kid/runaway.

Now if there are any cases where it can be proven the male clients KNEW the girls were underage,hammer them!

Looks like you are making excuses for pedophilia. 

Offline Frank Cannon

Maybe Epstein molested Acosta and he liked it. That's why he got such a sweetheart plea deal from George W Bush. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Chosen Daughter

Not as much as it looks like you are on a witch hunt.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Maybe Epstein molested Acosta and he liked it. That's why he got such a sweetheart plea deal from George W Bush.

@Frank Cannon

I think maybe the last time Boy Jorge kissed him,Epstein may have slipped him a little tongue and got him all excited.

Offline Chosen Daughter

@Chosen Daughter

Not as much as it looks like you are on a witch hunt.

That's the political buzz phrase for all who are not loyal.

Good think is I am not some sleazebag working for Trump.  And best of all he can't fire me.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 04:52:22 am by Chosen Daughter »