Author Topic: Flashback: Jerry Brown, Biden and other Dems refused to accept Vietnamese refugees  (Read 456 times)

rangerrebew

Flashback: Jerry Brown, Biden and other Dems refused to accept Vietnamese refugees

By World Tribune on January 30, 2017

Some liberal Democrats are fighting back tears when discussing President Donald Trump’s travel ban on Muslims from seven nations.

But in 1975, leftist Dems went to great lengths to keep Vietnamese refugees (even orphans) out of the United States.

During his first stint as governor, Jerry Brown fought to stop Vietnamese refugees from being delivered to California. /APTrump issued the order, the White House said, so that a better system to vet refugees coming from those nations can be put into place.

https://www.worldtribune.com/flashba...mese-refugees/

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline skeeter

Page not found.

Brown rejected VN refugees because he knew those in the first several waves were allies of the US and staunch anti communists.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
skeeter wrote:
"Brown rejected VN refugees because he knew those in the first several waves were allies of the US and staunch anti communists."

I wonder if the children and grandchildren of these refugees retained the politics of their parents...?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The early refugee gooks post Nam and their children assimilated well and became productive Americans.  Your basic muzzie we allow in today...not so much.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.