Author Topic: Kurdistan PM Barzani stresses 1991 no-fly zone in Kurdistan in condolence message to Bush senior’s f  (Read 337 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Kurdistan
PM Barzani stresses 1991 no-fly zone in Kurdistan in condolence message to Bush senior’s family
  Sangar Ali | December 02-2018

George H. W. Bush served as the President of the US from 1989 until 1993. (Photo: Archive)

ERBIL (Kurdistan 24) – The Prime Minister of the Kurdistan Region Nechirvan Barzani on Sunday extended his condolences to the family of the late US President, George H. W. Bush, highlighting his role in protecting the people of the Kurdistan Region after he imposed a no-fly zone in 1991.

“On the occasion of the passing of the former President of the United States of America, George H. W. Bush, I extend my condolences and sympathy to his esteemed family, especially to the former President George W. Bush, his friends, and colleagues. I also express my sympathies with them in these difficult times,” Barzani said in a statement.

“The people of Kurdistan [Region] have great appreciation and gratitude for the role of President H. W. Bush, who, in 1991, established a no-fly zone over the Kurdistan Region, protecting the people of Kurdistan from the oppression and aggression of the Baath regime,” Barzani added.

“President Bush will always be alive in the memory of the people of Kurdistan,” the Kurdish Premier said.

Read more at: http://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/7b17a19c-fc9b-4620-b450-0cb2ce56f359