Author Topic: A Nightmare Farm Bill for Conservatives  (Read 526 times)

Offline corbe

A Nightmare Farm Bill for Conservatives
« on: December 02, 2018, 06:19:30 pm »
A Nightmare Farm Bill for Conservatives

Daren Bakst  / @darenbakst / December 02, 2018

We’re in the holiday season, but that doesn’t mean conservative legislators should take a holiday from their conservative principles. Unfortunately, the farm bill devised by House and Senate negotiators would require them to do just that.

Farm bills past have repeatedly disappointed those who believe in free markets, reduced dependency on government, and individual freedom. This latest farm bill, according to published reports, would be the worst in recent memory. It doesn’t just ignore these core principles—it flouts them.

Earlier this year, many House legislators fought to strengthen work requirements in the food stamp program. They carried the day in the lower chamber, but the negotiated farm bill would throw out these improvements, which have proven to reduce dependency on government.

<..snip..>

https://www.dailysignal.com/2018/12/02/a-nightmare-farm-bill-for-conservatives/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: A Nightmare Farm Bill for Conservatives
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 07:19:30 pm »
 9999hair out0000

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 07:50:09 pm »
This dude goes on an on about what a give away this farm bill is but doesn't bother to mention one specific item that we are supposed to be panicked about. What a load of shit.

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 07:58:21 pm »
   He's obviously a communist @Frank Cannon   By the way what are we supposed to be concerned about that he doesn't mention?  Trump saying he'll never sign another one of these after he signs it?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 08:07:52 pm »
   He's obviously a communist @Frank Cannon   By the way what are we supposed to be concerned about that he doesn't mention?  Trump saying he'll never sign another one of these after he signs it?

Don't give an eff either way if the best we can muster to fight this allegedly bad farm bill is some shit piece full of cliches written by some nobody making 6 figures at some do nothing DC think tank.

Other than writing a bunch of hollow words over the last few decades, can anyone point to me where Heritage has done anything tangible to move the ball in our direction?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 08:11:43 pm »
Don't give an eff either way if the best we can muster to fight this allegedly bad farm bill is some shit piece full of cliches written by some nobody making 6 figures at some do nothing DC think tank.

Other than writing a bunch of hollow words over the last few decades, can anyone point to me where Heritage has done anything tangible to move the ball in our direction?

They just handed the ball to you with this info. Call Trump and tell him not to sign it.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2018, 08:12:45 pm »
   I agree that the article is shallow on points Frank.  The Heritage Foundation like the House Freedom Caucus has been neutered in this Gilded Age of Trump, IMHO.  They do get a lot of credit for Trumps Judicial appointees, though.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2018, 08:20:19 pm »
An observation.
Principled Conservative legislators are and extinct species;
as those in Congress are political frauds and hustlers of both parties.
As for interference in Agriculture, it began in the late twenties under
Hoover, another R lefty and little has changed in almost 100 years.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2018, 08:25:14 pm »
   I agree that the article is shallow on points Frank.  The Heritage Foundation like the House Freedom Caucus has been neutered in this Gilded Age of Trump, IMHO.  They do get a lot of credit for Trumps Judicial appointees, though.
The Heritage Foundation is worse than you think.

I sent it some money and it promptly doubled the amount I pledged.

Had to contact Visa to negate the doubled charge.

Never received any word from Heritage on slipup, so I consider it a malicious action on its part.

Last time I will contribute to them.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington