Author Topic: Trump assents to shutdown delay  (Read 482 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Trump assents to shutdown delay
« on: December 02, 2018, 03:17:27 pm »
Trump assents to shutdown delay

ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE — President Donald Trump said he would back a two-week delay of a government shutdown after the death of former President George H.W. Bush.

"If they [lawmakers] come, which they have, to talk about an extension because of President Bush's passing, I would absolutely consider it and probably give it,” he told reporters while returning overnight Saturday from the G-20 summit in Argentina. ...

y/2018/12/02/trump-assents-to-shutdown-delay-1037152
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 03:19:41 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Trump assents to shutdown delay
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 08:02:42 pm »
As opposed to getting something done in this lame-duck session?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 08:10:25 pm »
Donald has agreed to give away all of his Trump cards.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 08:26:31 pm »
Donald has agreed to give away all of his Trump cards.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Unbelievable
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.