Author Topic: Federal judge rules against White House push to restrict 'sanctuary' money  (Read 535 times)

rangerrebew

Federal judge rules against White House push to restrict 'sanctuary' money

By Elizabeth Zwirz | Fox News
    Published 2 hours ago

A federal judge reportedly ruled against the Trump administration on Friday, determining that it wasn't permitted to hold back millions of dollars in grant money from multiple states and New York City operating as "sanctuary" jurisdictions.

The decision from U.S. District Judge Edgardo Ramos was in favor of a petition by New York City and the state of New York, as well as others, according to The Associated Press.

The situation reportedly came to light after President Trump, through an executive order, said sanctuary cities would not be eligible to receive federal grants in many circumstances. After this order, the Justice Department instituted new requirements to the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant Program, which supports state and local governments, The Associated Press reported.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fed...anctuary-money

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Federal judge rules against White House push to restrict 'sanctuary' money
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 11:45:45 pm »
Push this "upwards", and do it QUICKLY.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 11:55:28 pm »
Federal judges = Democrat causes advocates.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 12:51:44 am »
wiki:

On May 4, 2011, President Obama nominated Ramos to a seat on the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York that had been vacated by Judge Stephen C. Robinson, who resigned in 2010.[3] On September 15, 2011, the Senate Judiciary Committee reported his nomination to the Senate floor by voice vote. The Senate confirmed his nomination on December 5, 2011 by a vote of 89 ayes to 0 nays.[4] He received his commission on December 6, 2011.[2]
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 05:24:40 am »
Of course he did. 

My question is will Trump fight this?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.